Santeri Saari

Eyelanders

Jan 9, 2011
Blues fan checking on Santeri Saari. Really liked the pick. Outside of a tournament, I haven't seen where he is playing this year. Is he hurt or just sitting out?

He should be playing with Jokerit U20 team. At least, I have seen him playing earlier this season three or four times. Saari is a very good defenseman. Strong skating stride and excellent puck moving abilities with a real solid outlet pass. He has a good shot and can play a little mean at times. Knows when to pinch in and can generate offensive chances.

I think he'll be a good two-way defenseman.

Tormentor

Dec 27, 2007
Too Far
He should be playing with Jokerit U20 team. At least, I have seen him playing earlier this season three or four times.
Early in the season he played with Jokerit U20 team, but lately he's been playing with Kiekko-Vantaa in Mestis. Personally I'd like to see a stronger physical presence from him. Seems to have reduced the number of weak plays with the puck compared to last season. U20 national team to 4-nations tournament in Russia will be published on Monday, interesting to see which D's Kivi has selected.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Just checking to see how Saari is progressing.... I can't find a link to any stats to see what kind of season he is having. Hockey db also doesn't have any stats on him. Anyone help?

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Blues fan just checking on Saari's progress. I haven't seen him mentioned in WJC discussions and stats do not seem to be available for him. Is he playing or is he hurt? Any feedback would be appreciated.

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Blues fan just checking on Saari's progress. I haven't seen him mentioned in WJC discussions and stats do not seem to be available for him. Is he playing or is he hurt? Any feedback would be appreciated.

This is all I could come up with a quick search. -A quote from a Finnish boards Jatkoaika (2013-10-27):

Pystyisikö joku kertomaan raporttia Santeri Saaren peliesityksistä Vantaalla? Onko nähdyn perusteella mahdollisuuksia kaksikymppisten MM-kisoihin?

Pelasi mielestäni hyvin Jokereiden A-nuorissa kauden alussa.
Hoitanut oman tonttinsa ihan mukiinmenevästi. Tilastoissa taitaa komeilla 0+0. En usko että mahtuu kisakoneeseen, sillä kai sinne otetaan hyökkäyspäässä enemmän tuhoja tekeviä kavereita. Tietysti puolustavia puolustajiakin tarvitaan ja sitä hommaa Santeri on tänä vuonna hoitanut. Katsellaan muutaman matsin päästä lisää.

By Google translate:

Would someone tell the report Santeri island game performances in Vantaa? Is conceived on the basis of potential twenties speaking world championships?

Played in my opinion, very Jokerit A young early in the season.
Taking care of its own house totally acceptable. I think the statistics paraded 0 0. I do not think that the race can accommodate the machine, because I guess there will be more damage from the attack performing friends. Of course the defender of defensive needed and that stuff Santeri this year is taken care of. View a match to get a few more.

- Go figure.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
To un-googlify the translation : Basically the guy says he has played well in his own zone but hasn't got anything done on offense.. he thinks it's unlikely that he makes team finland

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
To un-googlify the translation : Basically the guy says he has played well in his own zone but hasn't got anything done on offense.. he thinks it's unlikely that he makes team finland

Thanks. Hopefully he develops some sort of transition/offensive game. While it is great to have a rock solid defensive defenseman, it is often unappreciated and overlooked.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Just checking to see if there are any updates on Santeri Saari. No stats are available. Thanks.

7 games 1+5=6 points 4 penalty minutes in A-Juniors
25 games 1+0= 1 point +2 12 penalty minutes in Fin-2(Mestis)

He is really struggling to put up points in pro game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad