Sanheim vs Fleury

Who would you choose?

• Total voters

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Fleury is really starting to break out, but I prefer Sanheim. If I'm not mistaken Sanheim can also play both positions, but I'd need people to correct me on that and whether or not Fleury has done it.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Fluery is starting to live up to his draft position and is looking like a solid young Dman, Sanheim is the best defenseman from that draft class though.

Reactions: Dominance

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's pretty easily Sanheim right now, with the benefit of hindsight. But i don't think Fleury is dead in the water either. I think there's still a quality Top-4D there. Just never going to be as dynamic as Sanheim.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
Too early to tell, Haydn Fleury it's just now breaking out. If Carolina resigns him I expect him to have a breakout season. He played a physical game and was one of the best defenseman while Pesce and Hamilton were out, him and Gardiner came up big in the last 5 games of the season.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
Too early to tell, Haydn Fleury it's just now breaking out. If Carolina resigns him I expect him to have a breakout season. He played a physical game and was one of the best defenseman while Pesce and Hamilton were out, him and Gardiner came up big in the last 5 games of the season.

Yeah, I rate Fleury higher than even many Canes fans. Going forward I see him as a very solid, long term 2nd pair level d-man. I'm thinking his ceiling approaches Pesce-ish potential, probably not quite as good defensively but maybe with a bit more offensive upside. I'd like to see the Canes lock him up long term now, while his cost should be pretty reasonable.

I'm still trying to figure out what was up with Gardiner the first half of the season. On the one hand, if it was an issue with a lingering back injury, that leaves the possibility that going forward he'll play like what the Canes hoped they were getting when they signed him. On the other hand, if that was the case, aren't back issues often chronic?

Evergreen

Sanheim is absolutely not better than Aaron Ekblad. He's debatably better than DeAngelo.

Sanheim is better than Fleury though.
I definitely agree he's not as good as Ekblad, but I throughly disagree that DeAngelo is even close. DeAngelo is abysmal defensively and takes some of the worst penalties at the worst times. I would, in fact, take Fleury over DeAngelo and I this this poll is closer than the votes make it seem (though I agree Sanheim is better).

Reactions: Dominance

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I like Fleury a lot, but this is Sanheim pretty easily. Maybe things change over the next year or 2 but I would bet against that.

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
Fleury only just started looking good recently, maybe he can solidify his play like he played in the playoffs but for now who knows. Canes fan saying Sanheim.

HyPnOtiK

Aug 21, 2007
Philadelphia, Pa
Sanheim is absolutely not better than Aaron Ekblad. He's debatably better than DeAngelo.

Sanheim is better than Fleury though.
Ehhhh... that's a tough one. I'm not sure I'd like a trade with Sanheim and Ekblad and I'm sure Panthers fans feel the same way. I think it's really close but when Sanheim is on he's special. I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Ekblads game and I'm a Flyers fan so of course I could be biased.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad