Sanheim and Couturier Contracts and Futures?

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Well, it will be difficult to afford Couturier if Giroux doesn't accept a paycut.

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I do think Charlie O. made a good point about Couturier (and Giroux) with regards to this offseason. Essentially, that if the Flyers don't sign them to extensions this offseason, it may signal that they're thinking that this season may not be an aberration, and that they are giving themselves some flexibility to trade both at the deadline if things are bad again next season - essentially going full rebuild. While if they extend them, it means that they likely think that a blow up rebuild will not be necessary. It does make some sense, and is something to watch for in the offseason.

Domino666

“20 years away”
Aug 18, 2011
Couts is going to cost some money and years a player of his caliber is not easily if at all replaced, and the guys that could possibly replace him will cost an arm and a leg as well, Travo well I don’t think you pay him anywhere over $5mil/year just my hot take son!!

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
I do think Charlie O. made a good point about Couturier (and Giroux) with regards to this offseason. Essentially, that if the Flyers don't sign them to extensions this offseason, it may signal that they're thinking that this season may not be an aberration, and that they are giving themselves some flexibility to trade both at the deadline if things are bad again next season - essentially going full rebuild. While if they extend them, it means that they likely think that a blow up rebuild will not be necessary. It does make some sense, and is something to watch for in the offseason.
If they are remotely thinking that, then trade them in the off season when you'll get the most out of them.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Another year with zero postseason points for Playoff Couturier.

Should of been traded for Bernie or Clowe years ago.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
5 yrs - 10 mill for Couts , I think I could live with it, and he deserves it. We aren't getting a sweetheart deal on Couts

7 yrs - 40.6 mill for Sanheim

JVR or Jake are going to have to be moved as well,

I think these are both close to what the agents will ask for....I think both are overpayments personally but I could see the Flyers accepting close to these deals especially Couts even though my $8-$8.5 million per is closer to his worth. Team will have to decide on Travis like some have said this may go the trade route if the Flyers believe his agent is not working in good faith..... Interesting. BTW don't think the Flyers risk losing a player like Couts to UFA. If he plays hardball you trade him or sign him. Good news is if he's worth $10 million like some suggest then were going to get an amazing deal for him similar to Eichel by the sounds of it. Equivalent of 4 1st's

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Technically.....we could trade Hayes next summer.

His NMC ends
We pay his 3.75 bonus...then trade him
At that point, would be owed $20.75 million and 4 years left...so $5.19 per in real money

He "could" be moved to a team where cap doesn't matter much. One thing with Hayes, is that he has been fairly consistent. Here are his paces/82 games thru the years:

6 years ago: 47
5 years ago: 37-low
4 years ago: 53
3 years ago: 47
2 years ago: 64-high
1 year ago: 49
this year: 46

49 pt pace thru his career....and frustrating as hell. So $5 million for a 50 point guy.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Well, it will be difficult to afford Couturier if Giroux doesn't accept a paycut.
Couturier will get his pay day. The Giroux cut will be the lynchpin for the salary for the club going forward. It will be a 35+ deal and all the limitations that go with that type of contract. . Going to be a tough call for both sides. The Flyers would be silly to go more than 3yrs@$5M Per. Claude may not accept that. Then...

Last edited:

04hockey

Sep 28, 2017
Provy hasn't lived up to his deal but Sanheim better than Provorov lol You should propose to Travis.... You never stop.....Sanheim this Sanheim that... Just like Deadhead with the goalies.(at least he assesses all players).. So your on record 6 yrs-$6.75+ ok.... interesting.. Can you become the GM of another team so we can get like 4-1st rd picks for him ....please

wish I had said all this :laugh:

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
The Giroux cut will be the lynchpin for the salary for the club going forward. It will be a 35+ deal and all the limitations that go with that type of contract. . Going to be a tough call for both sides. The Flyers would be silly to go more than 3yrs@$5M Per. Claude may not accept that. Then...
Yeah, at the end of the day I guess it depends on what he wants. Does he view the Flyers as his team and believes he still has unfinished business here, then I believe he'll take a paycut for one last shot with this team.
If he's more pragmatic and wants what's best for him, then it'll be a little more difficult.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012

His NMC ends
At that point, would be owed $20.75 million and 4 years left...so $5.19 per in real money

He "could" be moved to a team where cap doesn't matter much. One thing with Hayes, is that he has been fairly consistent. Here are his paces/82 games thru the years:

49 pt pace thru his career....and frustrating as hell. So $5 million for a 50 point guy.

His NMC ends

We can only hope and pray...

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
The Giroux cut will be the lynchpin for the salary for the club going forward. It will be a 35+ deal

Giroux doesn't turn 35 until January following next offseason. So his next contract won't be a 35+, as he will be 34 when he ostensibly signs the deal.

Reactions: Domino666

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
For two guys that post daily... you guys are f*****. $10 million for a 29/30 yr old Couts until he's 35+ and $6 million for a kid that literally has not performed at all yet.. You two bitch and complain everyday about brutal contracts.... my god .... can I work for you two... We have a tight cap and you want to pay Couts $10 million a year for a player not even top 40 in the league are you nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously... love the guy but not more than $8 million which is still too much for a great player but a non elite player.
You want Coots next deal... see this:

Anze Kopitar - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
better yet, what is hart going to get? I am not good with contract guessing but I assume it will be a bridge-like myers for 2 years or something??? anyone?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I would love if Coots and G just swapped cap hits but I dont think that is realistic.

G might go for a lower cap hit if it gets him more years tho.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Sanheim is a prime candidate to get traded for some right handed bum in my opinion. Or get Dumba deal. If he gets bridged again that means Fletcher is in full panic mode trying to save his job. Which means we are all collectively f***ed.
Just to think that Couts contract started in the summer of 2016 and we are yet to have even one competitive playoff series just hurts my soul.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->