Injury Report: Sandin knee on knee injury | UPD: Out 2-3 weeks

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Me too. It could be nothing (looks like something), but I’m hoping it’s similar to Hymans situation last year. It’s a shame because Rasmus has been stellar most of this year.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leg between Sandin's

FD45B584-AFCB-47AF-B514-8AF6B717D12F.jpeg

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Sandin has been sensational for Toronto this season. He entered Sunday with a modest seven points in 24 games, but he leads all NHL defensemen in five-on-five expected goals percentage (minimum 300 minutes), per Natural Stat Trick.
Maple Leafs head coach Sheldon Keefe offered no postgame update on Sandin's status.

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
2040A5DE-1C58-4BC3-8F5A-AB2E0ABCE50F.jpeg

Puck released.

Waaaaay before contact.

This dirty knee on knee is either late or close to it.

Last edited:

123offtheglass

Oct 30, 2017
Halifax
Anyone know when we may expect an update, maybe within the next day or so in Toronto? Pretty worrisome, those types of knee injuries can be pretty scary.

I don't know a whole lot about these things but it does look as though a lot weight is being transferred off of the targeted knee (from right to left leg) approaching contact which is one good sign; just after his shot it had been completely all on his right leg.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

The Best Leafs Ever

Feb 28, 2017
I wish we had some killers on the team too. I said before the beginning of the MTL series that we need to put down Price for good if we ever wanted to win. We lost, this is hockey and you need to play it like hockey and not lovey dovey snow ball.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Anyone know when we may expect an update, maybe within the next day or so in Toronto? Pretty worrisome, those types of knee injuries can be pretty scary.

I don't know a whole lot about these things but it does look as though a lot weight is being transferred off of the targeted knee (from right to left leg) approaching contact which is one good sign; just after his shot it had been completely all on his right leg.

Actually if it takes longer, it may be better

Usually with injuries sooner they find out the worse. If they are doing an MRI, they would have figured out by now if it's ACL
Maybe it's ACL and MCL along with miniscus but those are actually easier to detect

It's the bruises, sprained takes a bit longer

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
They've been a dirty team for a long time. In years past they used to blend in the dirty with toughness but now the tough is all gone but the dirty is as abundant as ever.

A few years ago they were for 3 years running the most penalized team in the NHL, in what you can only possibly call a PR move they brought in a consultant and poof the PIMs's dropped. Funny how ref's fall for these PR stunts. That's like bringing in a consultant for Brad Marchand and all of a sudden he stops being a Rat.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

I would say the no news is NOT good news for this. We'll see.

I'd expect him out at least until the new year... at least. Dude couldn't even walk.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
I wish we had some killers on the team too. I said before the beginning of the MTL series that we need to put down Price for good if we ever wanted to win. We lost, this is hockey and you need to play it like hockey and not lovey dovey snow ball.
yeah we should prison shanked Price then shanked every player standing in our way to the cup

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I would say the no news is NOT good news for this. We'll see.

I'd expect him out at least until the new year... at least. Dude couldn't even walk.

This isn’t my area. But I don’t know if that’s crazy bad news for a knee.

I tore my MCL and I just felt a tearing/rip like canvass. No pain at all. I lay there and was worried but not sore.

Ligaments are more about stability than pain. From my knowledge but knees aren’t my thing. We will see

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
This isn’t my area. But I don’t know if that’s crazy bad news for a knee.

I tore my MCL and I just felt a tearing/rip like canvass. No pain at all. I lay there and was worried but not sore.

Ligaments are more about stability than pain. From my knowledge but knees aren’t my thing. We will see

We don't know if he couldn't bear weight second to the pain or the instability, though.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
We don't know if he couldn't bear weight second to the pain or the instability, though.

that’s true. And skating is different. But all I can say from my mcl and about 5 people I know with an acl is that there was no pain. The knee doesn’t feel bad just wobbly. You can stand on a torn acl. You can even walk. On it. I know people who did if for months. Heck hyman played on. 1.

Of course I think the meniscus hurts like hell. So if he totally blew up his knee…….

Ugh this isn’t good. I’m just hoping it’s not terrible.
Pain is normally associate with a. Bruise. Tissues not ligament or meniscus I believe

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
that’s true. And skating is different. But all I can say from my mcl and about 5 people I know with an acl is that there was no pain. The knee doesn’t feel bad just wobbly. You can stand on a torn acl. You can even walk. On it. I know people who did if for months. Heck hyman played on. 1.

Of course I think the meniscus hurts like hell. So if he totally blew up his knee…….

Ugh this isn’t good. I’m just hoping it’s not terrible.
Pain is normally associate with a. Bruise. Tissues not ligament or meniscus I believe

Yeah nah you're right. It's always hard to tell these things from video because while hyperflexion/extension is easy enough to spot, with the cruciate ligaments especially, it's the rotation or displacement of the tibia with respect to the femur that is the most common mechanism of injury, and that's much more sensitive to the nitty gritty specifics of the impact. Kind of fruitless to speculate. Like I can't see how his knee moves at all on that video. Shitty situation. Luckily we have a great medical staff.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3