Sandelin/Quinn coaching ability/US Flop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hab Fan

Nov 2, 2004
No question the US coaches made MANY mistakes in their selections, no Ryan, Johnson, Thelen, Earl. I said before the tourney that US hockey is so political at the expense of winning, and it showed. I do have to question the coaches. Sandelin has taken a UMD team pre season to finish first to the lowe half of the standings, then took a US team thought good enough to medal to NO medal at all, even playing worse as the tourney went on. Quinn had just as much say, so I have to ask, who the hell is making those decisions? I desperately wanted a Canada/US game, but I bet the US is glad they didn't have one. How could these coaches be SO WRONG? The US team actually got worse as the tourney progressed, that's poor coaching. Just personal thoughts.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Hab Fan said:
No question the US coaches made MANY mistakes in their selections, no Ryan, Johnson, Thelen, Earl. I said before the tourney that US hockey is so political at the expense of winning, and it showed. I do have to question the coaches. Sandelin has taken a UMD team pre season to finish first to the lowe half of the standings, then took a US team thought good enough to medal to NO medal at all, even playing worse as the tourney went on. Quinn had just as much say, so I have to ask, who the hell is making those decisions? I desperately wanted a Canada/US game, but I bet the US is glad they didn't have one. How could these coaches be SO WRONG? The US team actually got worse as the tourney progressed, that's poor coaching. Just personal thoughts.

While I agree that the coaching was very questionable, I don't think the U.S. got progressively worse. I actually think the overall level of play was pretty good against the Czechs, Swedes, Russians, and Czechs again. Not enough to overcome spotty goaltending, a ragged defense, and poor discipline, but fairly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->