Value of: San Jose's 1st+ for a young center

Robtom18

Nov 25, 2019
I can't see this going particularly well, but it's an interesting idea.

The player coming back would have to be 25/26 or younger, likely locked up medium/long term (or an RFA this off-season who can sign long-term). Obviously the Senators would be adding, there's a lot in the cupboard in the way of picks and prospects that could be added for the right guy.
Lets say Ottawas first round pick is in the top 3 and SJ's lands between 7-10.

Who would give up a young center (a good one) for the pick and possibly plus?
Bozak and sanford

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Apparently you didn’t. The person I quoted was acting like all drafts are the same. Using an example of 2017 Stepan and Raanta trade. Which is in accurate. Because that draft was weak compared to this one. So there’s different circumstances on why 7th overall was available.
yawn, this years draft is always better than last years. Its a meme at this point. We don't know strengths of drafts till at least 4-5 years after.

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
You didn't really pose it as an opinion. You stated, "Anaheim has Trevor Zegras available." I'd venture to guess that the Anaheim brass feel differently than you do here. (As well as, most Duck fans) Hell, I'd guess that most hockey fans probably would not agree either. You're willing to risk Zegras, for a pick that could potentially fall outside of the top 10. Zegras is a blue chipper with tons of potential and to trade him for an unknown pick would be crazy...in my opinion.

Because I have an opinion. And I already explained why I would move him. It may not be agreed by the majority on him being moved. But I’ll move em for San Jose first at the deadline unprotected.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
The best solution for the moment is to hire Gallant, make some acquisitions at the TDL and just go for it. This team isn't that bad, they need someone that'll make them buy in. A few mid six weapons and a .900 netminder and you're back in the fight.

Reactions: Groo

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You didn't really pose it as an opinion. You stated, "Anaheim has Trevor Zegras available." I'd venture to guess that the Anaheim brass feel differently than you do here. (As well as, most Duck fans) Hell, I'd guess that most hockey fans probably would not agree either. You're willing to risk Zegras, for a pick that could potentially fall outside of the top 10. Zegras is a blue chipper with tons of potential and to trade him for an unknown pick would be crazy...in my opinion.

Yes I would. And that entire top 10 is legit blue chippers. I’m a gambler. Always have been. Like I stated before. It’s my opinion. And doesn’t speak for my entire fan base. I believe in this top 10 than what we have with Zegras.

You’re taking it out of context when I said Anaheim has Zegras available. When someone says their opinion? It means exactly that. Not meaning the entire fan base.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->