Value of: San Jose's 1st+ for a young center

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
The only scenario this would work is if the pick was 1st overall. But even then, do you really want to pass on Lafrenière ?

If you look at the top 10? There’s atleast 7 centers around that range to be picked. I can easily see someone shipping off their young center for someone they like better at that pick. Not only that? Sharks first is lottery enabled. This is a good proposal to say the least.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
That’s false. Sharks first is lottery enabled. If it’s unprotected? Someone would definitely move what Sens are looking for.

From a Anaheim perspective? I would move Zegras for it unprotected. But he’s not established yet. And he’s still not ready for the NHL yet.

You are setting forth your opinion, so stating something is unequivocally false seems misguided.

Why would the Sens move the pick before they know the lottery results? Why would they move the pick after the lottery if they are picking in the top-6 or higher? It's possible, but highly unlikely based on NHL trade history and top-10 picks.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Howden, Strome and Lias Anderssen
for
SJ 2020 1st + Sens 2020 2nd

believe you have enuf cap space for that now, but an expiring can be included

NY sheds surplus for exempt futures
OTT gets not high end like Chytil, unavailable, but 2 decent pieces cost controlled plus Lias for free.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You are setting forth your opinion, so stating something is unequivocally false seems misguided.

Why would the Sens move the pick before they know the lottery results? Why would they move the pick after the lottery if they are picking in the top-6 or higher? It's possible, but highly unlikely based on NHL trade history and top-10 picks.

I’m going off OP. OP never mentioned when the first would get traded. So for that matter if it is unprotected. Yes someone would trade for it. It’s a safe assumption this is a trade deadline thread.

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Howden, Strome and Lias Anderssen
for
SJ 2020 1st + Sens 2020 2nd

believe you have enuf cap space for that now, but an expiring can be included

NY sheds surplus for exempt futures
OTT gets not high end like Chytil, unavailable, but 2 decent pieces cost controlled plus Lias for free.

Seems like a lot of meh for such high picks, easy NO thanks. And if your top pieces aren't available, we ain't talkin'..

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I’m going off OP. OP never mentioned when the first would get traded. So for that matter if it is unprotected. Yes someone would trade for it. It’s a safe assumption this is a trade deadline thread.

Got it, my confusion arose from not understanding that this is a fantasy-based discussion.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
You're looking at a trade similar to Derek Stepan for the 7th overall pick. (Stepan + Raanta for DeAngelo and 7th pick).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Seems like a lot of meh for such high picks, easy NO thanks. And if your top pieces aren't available, we ain't talkin'..

fair enough, but as was opined by another a club w a good investment is not likely to give that up for outside shot only at profit
Chytil looks like the real deal
a guy like him we are not moving
Howden could go either way, and not clear what his sky is, but he appears to be at least 3C material right now, with further upside

and strome was 5OA material

so yeah, not the sexy swap you were lookin for, but no, not so much meh.

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
After everything Wilson's done, that's the straw that breaks the camel's back?

That would be far more like chopping a tree down onto the camel, not adding one last piece of straw.

Plus some of us desperately want DW gone to begin with, and a few other fans, on these boards atleast, are finally coming around to that thought.

Selling Hertl to repair DW’s ego by getting back into the first round would be a bad idea for him, unless he somehow got first OA to draft Lafreniere.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
fair enough, but as was opined by another a club w a good investment is not likely to give that up for outside shot only at profit
Howden could go either way, and not clear what his sky is, but he appears to be at least 3C material right now, with further upside

lol strome is riding high on panarin. howden and andersson are both nothing (like literally nothing). it's a lot of crap for a top pick.

And you added a 2nd from the sens too? Get real :laugh:

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Perhaps a Stepan type of deal

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011

The only time Strome has even remotely played well/lived up to his draft selection has been with the NYR. There is absolutely no guarantee that he would continue this production in Ottawa and correct me if I'm wrong, but he is set for a raise/new contract soon too.

Howden and Andersson have very little value so yeah, its a bunch of meh/crap when you're asking for a top 7 pick in a deep draft PLUS adding Ottawa's 2nd (which is essentially a low 1st).... The conversation would START with Chytil, if he's not included, we ain't talkin...

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
I'll just add that this thread was a terrible idea and the Sens should stay the course. You build winners through the draft, not by trading away top picks..

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Just curious from a Anaheim perspective??? What would it take to get that San Jose pick? Anaheim has Trevor Zegras available.

This is a personal opinion. I would have no problem shipping him off at the deadline. He’s a young center we just drafted at 9 last season.

I have about 8 players in the top 10 I really think high of. Would Ottawa make a deal with us?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Just curious from a Anaheim perspective??? What would it take to get that San Jose pick? Anaheim has Trevor Zegras available.

This is a personal opinion. I would have no problem shipping him off at the deadline. He’s a young center we just drafted at 9 last season.

I have about 8 players in the top 10 I really think high of. Would Ottawa make a deal with us?

In the hypothetical world where the pick lands outside the top-8, I'd probably pull the trigger on this.

The issue with a move prior to the lottery is that the pick could end up being Lafreniere/Byfield and the Sens aren't going to give up the chance (even as small a chance as it ends up being) at a franchise level forward.

Reactions: KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad