Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
1. Ryan Merkley-94.6%
2. John Leonard-45.9%
3. Ozzy Wiesblatt-37.5%
4. Alexei Melnichuk-26.4%
5. Joachim Blichfield-31.4%

Let me know who I should add. Criteria for voting is whatever you want it to be. If you value just potential, vote for that. If you value just NHL readiness, vote for that. I imagine most of us will be a mix of many things.

I have Gregor and Ferraro as graduated last season.

Players I will add eventually (no order)
Ivan Chekhovich
Dillon Hamaliuk
Brandon Coe
Jake McGrew​

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Went Chmelevski, but if his play at the end of last season is more than a hot streak, I'd put him higher.

Add Nikolai Knyzhov.

Desert Eagle

May 13, 2019
Europe
It was difficult to choose one of three (Chmelevski, Pasichnuk, Kniazev) but I voted for Pasichnuk. He is a bit underrated, IMO. He was invited as a FA and had great training camp in SJ two years ago, IIRC. Everyone noticed his game and he became even better in NCAA. He was a captain last two years in Arizona. I said same things about Ferraro last year and I hope I will be right again.

Reactions: Alaskanice

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Chmelevski for me. I know everyone wants to pump up the shiny new toys who haven't disappointed us yet, but Chmelevski still has it in him to be that middle 6 swiss-army-knife player and he's already in the pros.

Also your "to add" list still has Chekhovich on it even though he's already in the polls. Of the 3 guys left on that list I guess I would add Coe (and I'm aware of how that looks like it does what I just said I wasn't doing in the actual vote. It's mostly that I've seen both Hamaliuk and McGrew and I don't particularly love what either of them bring to the table.)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Chmelevski for me. I know everyone wants to pump up the shiny new toys who haven't disappointed us yet, but Chmelevski still has it in him to be that middle 6 swiss-army-knife player and he's already in the pros.

Also your "to add" list still has Chekhovich on it even though he's already in the polls. Of the 3 guys left on that list I guess I would add Coe (and I'm aware of how that looks like it does what I just said I wasn't doing in the actual vote. It's mostly that I've seen both Hamaliuk and McGrew and I don't particularly love what either of them bring to the table.)
I do think that Coe's got the potential to be a huge steal for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad