San Jose Sharks Number 5 Prospect (tie breaker)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Three way tie breaker

Yeah it is time to just take the top vote getter. The entire board is going to be littered with poll and then poll tie breakers.

The sharks prospect pool is not deep enough for this kind of majority.

It is merkely

And then every one else depending on individual opinions.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah it is time to just take the top vote getter. The entire board is going to be littered with poll and then poll tie breakers.

The sharks prospect pool is not deep enough for this kind of majority.

It is merkely

And then every one else depending on individual opinions.
I was thinking about it after number 5. Also I’d argue the opposite. They have lots of good prospects. They might not have the blue chip prospects but lots that look like they could be NHL players.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Apologies if this is going to sound harsh. I don't intend it to be that way. but:

This is silly. Blichfeld won the last poll. Handily. He had almost twice as many votes as either of Robins and Chmelevski and more votes than everyone besides those two put together. I know you wanted the winners to pass the 40% threshold, but the further we get down the list the more this is going to happen because the more people are going to have their differing criteria and biases lead them in different directions while the pool also flattens out and more candidates become viable choices. I don't think we want to get to the #9 prospect and have a 6-way tiebreaker because each of Spiridonov, Ibragimov, Gushchin, Dahlen, McGrew, and Raska got 4-8 votes. The fact that Blichfeld won the last poll by 6 votes and might end up losing the tiebreaker kind of invalidates the point of the original competition.

And I would say this even if it wasn't Blichfeld involved in this run-off vote.

If you wanted to tighten up the voting to encourage a stronger case for the winner you're almost better off to restrict the initial voting choices to, say, 5 candidates. Then you force people to make more narrowly focused choices and we get at truer sense of who the fanbase prefers among a limited set of actual competitors for the spot. Still have everyone vote to add for who slides into the vacated spot, but it would prevent voting dilution.

Also for future reference:

Blichfeld has just the one "i".
and Dahlen has none.
Also Chmelevski is generally not referred to as Alex but as Sasha.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I voted Chmelevski but change mine to Blichfeld. He won that last poll outright.

I think you can change your vote. At least I see a button in the bottom right of the poll marked "Change Your Vote" so I suspect that it's a regular poll feature and not a mod power.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad