San Jose Sharks Number 3 Prospect

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Been doing this for a few years now. Vote on the top prospect in terms of whatever attributes you value most.

Also let me know who else I should add.

Must be able to win Calder to qualify so Meier/Labanc/Heed aren't eligible.

We should finish this off and we're all bored.

1. Joshua Norris 9(30.61%)
2. Jeremy Roy 14(29.17%)

sharks_dynasty

Oct 25, 2006
San Jose, CA
Voted for Ryan. Also like Ferraro.

Overall not too thrilled with the lack of obviously impactful players. We need some high-end talent in our pipeline. We have plenty of mid-level talent. Other than tanking, how can we get that high-end talent? Trade?

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
Yeah, this list is pretty terrible. ESPN ranked us #30 out of 31 teams (Penguins were last). This may actually be generous. :-(

Satastic

Nazi punks **** off
Sep 12, 2014
Riverbank, CA
Voted for Ryan. Also like Ferraro.

Overall not too thrilled with the lack of obviously impactful players. We need some high-end talent in our pipeline. We have plenty of mid-level talent. Other than tanking, how can we get that high-end talent? Trade?

We could start by drafting less players with high floors/low ceilings and draft more boom/bust prospects. Less Norris prospects and more Yamamoto kinds. Not saying Yamamoto will succeed, but I'd rather take that risk than getting a more than likely bottom six player.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
We could start by drafting less players with high floors/low ceilings and draft more boom/bust prospects. Less Norris prospects and more Yamamoto kinds. Not saying Yamamoto will succeed, but I'd rather take that risk than getting a more than likely bottom six player.

Yep. But the sharks seemed pleased with how many of their picks make the big show, ie those infographics that used to go around showing avg draft # and nhl played games. My take is its just a lot of mediocrity.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
IMO we've had worse. The group we have right now isn't flashy but it's all pretty solid potential. Which is like a huge step up from the no potential years.

However, DW hasn't really drafted a franchise caliber player in a long long time and he's never done it on purpose.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
IMO we've had worse. The group we have right now isn't flashy but it's all pretty solid potential. Which is like a huge step up from the no potential years.

However, DW hasn't really drafted a franchise caliber player in a long long time and he's never done it on purpose.

Agreed. How soon people forget when Brandon Mashinter & Ben Ferrio were top sharks prospects.

I went with Gambrell.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I was pretty close to picking Gambrell, especially seeing how I picked him last time. Then Joakim envy hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad