7. Thomas Bordeleau-32.7%
8. Artemi Kniazev-32.0%
9. Tristen Robins-40.4%
10. Jonathan Dahlen-59.1%
11. Ivan Chekhovich-54.5%
12. Daniil Gushchin-50%
13. Brinson Paschinuk-50%
14. Santeri Hatakka-57.6%

Let me know who I should add. Criteria for voting is whatever you want it to be. If you value just potential, vote for that. If you value just NHL readiness, vote for that. I imagine most of us will be a mix of many things.

I have Gregor and Ferraro as graduated last season.

Players I will add eventually (no order)
Zach Gallant
Linus Oberg
Adam Raska
Alex Young
Timofei Spitserov

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I honestly don't know if I can pick anymore. It's feeling like we've hit the point where most of them are kind of samey.

I feel like Coe, Spiridonov, Bergmann, and maybe Raska (even though he's not on the ballot) are in a similar place

A step below them is McGrew, Ibragimov, Emond, and Knyzhov

Below them is Oberg, Kotkov, Gallant

Under that is I suppose Young, Hamaliuk, and Reedy

And then there's Spitserov who I honestly don't know what to make of yet.

I wonder if it might be useful as a companion piece to these rankings when they're done to do a community-run version of a prospect pyramid.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
It's Dillon Hamaliuk, imo.

When the WHL gets going, he should be in a good spot for Kelowna. His skillset is still intriguing.

Reactions: Sandisfan

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
It's Dillon Hamaliuk, imo.

When the WHL gets going, he should be in a good spot for Kelowna. His skillset is still intriguing.

I'm kind of on the other side of the fence. I've seen him a half-dozen times and each time I end up coming away thinking, more or less, "that's it?"

His size is intriguing, and he's certainly not terrible at anything skill-wise, but he just never feels like he can or will assert himself enough. He simply parks in front of the net. And I know some of that is a usage issue for the coaching staff, but I also had usage issues with the Winterhawks and Blichfeld (who insisted that he run the point on the PP) but I was able to see through those problems to the intriguing skills underneath.

With Hamaliuk he's an acceptable skater but not a great one. he has an OK shot, but not a fearsome one. he has the size but doesn't really play physically. He's willing to play in the greasy areas but I don't sense aggressiveness from him nor does it seem like he's in those areas looking for soft spots like, say, Pavelski did. I keep waiting for a next step where I can go "oh yeah, there's what makes him interesting" and it never shows up. I'll also admit that I was never super-high on Gregor breaking out big time into an NHL prospect (he never scored 30 goals until his final year in the dub) but I at least saw the motor and the jam from him. He was a bit of a play driver. Hamaliuk seems like a passenger.

Kelowna's going to need him to pick it up a bit next season though, so maybe a kick in the rear and a bit more necessity will get him going?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad