3. Jeremy Roy-86.54%
4. Rourke Chartier-67.80%
5. Joonos Donskoi-48.39%
6. Julius Bergman-32.08%
7. Dan O'Regan-43.64%
8. Nikita Jevpalos-28.30%

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Sadowy for me. Looks a good bet to play in the NHL because of his all around game and if he continues to develop his scoring, he could be a nice middle 6 winger.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I don't get the hate for McNally, he's a very good prospect, and he has a very good shot at seeing NHL time THIS season. How can he be worse than our 9th best prospect?

I think a lot of people are just assuming because we paid a 7th for him, he's worthless. He's very good, and has a lot of potential, we only paid a 7th because he was a giant risk to even sign a contract at all. Now that he has, he's one of our best defensive prospects behind only Roy and Mueller in my opinion.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't get the hate for McNally, he's a very good prospect, and he has a very good shot at seeing NHL time THIS season. How can he be worse than our 9th best prospect?

I think a lot of people are just assuming because we paid a 7th for him, he's worthless. He's very good, and has a lot of potential, we only paid a 7th because he was a giant risk to even sign a contract at all. Now that he has, he's one of our best defensive prospects behind only Roy and Mueller in my opinion.

I think a lot of people (including me) don't value NHL readiness as much. I value potential over anything else and then likeliness of reaching that potential.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
It depends on what you define as better higher ceiling or higher floor. Jevs has a very high ceiling IMO if everything clicks I think he could be a top 6 player.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
You don't hear many a prospect who has his defensive game so tight he's working on his offensive game. Rod's got mitts too - don't know why that seems to be sliding under the radar. Really looking forward to seeing some of that kid. And I bet it's sooner then later.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I think Rod has a better chance of making it to the NHL. I don't expect him to crack the top-6 unless he blooms offensively all of a sudden but he should be a solid bottom-6 player in the NHL.

Jevpalovs will either develop a little more to become a top-6 NHL player or remain a career AHL'er.

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
It's nice that we're making it to prospect #9 and still talking about players with top 6 potential. Previously we'd be hoping our #9 prospect made the NHL in any role whatsoever.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It's nice that we're making it to prospect #9 and still talking about players with top 6 potential. Previously we'd be hoping our #9 prospect made the NHL in any role whatsoever.

I agree. Our prospect pool does lack 'elite' level talent but we have so much forward depth now it is amazing. I wish we had one more D prospect with top-4 talent but as a whole I think we are pretty ok.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I kinda figured that Sadowy, Rod, and LaBanc would all be ahead of Jevs in terms of forwards. So, I'd have something like Sadowy and Rod at 8 or 9 then LaBanc, Jevs, Brodzinski, and McNally battling it out from 10-13

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I agree. Our prospect pool does lack 'elite' level talent but we have so much forward depth now it is amazing. I wish we had one more D prospect with top-4 talent but as a whole I think we are pretty ok.

Luckily, Vlasic, Braun, Dillon, and Mueller are quite young. It is unfortunate they all play that steady defensive game without a huge amount of offensive ability. That said, the is always room for guys like them. Roy, provided he hits a good portion of his potential provides an ideal 2nd/3rd pairing PMD.

Obviously, counting on anyone to fill Burns role is a big ask, but he is not exactly ancient himself, and is a freak physically.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad