Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
1. Ryan Merkley-73.1%
2. Rudolf Balcers-50.0%
3. Dylan Gambrell-34.0%
4. Josh Norris-37.5%
5. Mario Ferraro-38.3%
6. Alex Chmelevski-40.9% (52.5% tiebreaker)
7. Antti Suomela-39.0%

Let me know who you think I should add

Planning on going to at least 10 but could go more (depending on if there's a player I like still there)

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Bibeau has NHL size and put up great numbers for the Cuda this year. I don't know if he'll ever get a chance in this org though. We should have just promoted him to backup instead of re-signing Dell.

LA Shark

Hello Darkness My Old Freind
Feb 18, 2017
Southern California
Bibeau has NHL size and put up great numbers for the Cuda this year. I don't know if he'll ever get a chance in this org though. We should have just promoted him to backup instead of re-signing Dell.
I would have been fine with this if we actually used the cap space towards something useful.

Maladroit

May 9, 2018
Berkeley, CA
Lukas Radil’s KHL translated scoring rate is 45 points per 82 NHL games.

I think the NHLe translations are useful and that's one of the reasons I'm excited about Suomela but I do wonder how much age affects the projection. Like Radil is going to be 28 before the season starts, surely what he did last year in the KHL is less impressive than 24-year-old Suomela's performance in Liiga, and therefore less of his scoring is going to carry over to the NHL. But I'm not sure what the age adjustment factor should be.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think the NHLe translations are useful and that's one of the reasons I'm excited about Suomela but I do wonder how much age affects the projection. Like Radil is going to be 28 before the season starts, surely what he did last year in the KHL is less impressive than 24-year-old Suomela's performance in Liiga, and therefore less of his scoring is going to carry over to the NHL. But I'm not sure what the age adjustment factor should be.

Yeah, I was voting Suomela in every poll before this one.

The reality here is that these guys’ scoring rates in Europe are pretty strong and even at their ages, they’re still probably better picks than the younger guys we have in our pool. Radil is also 6’3” so I think he will probably make it as an NHLer. A player with that size and the skill to score like that in Europe will generally make it as an NHLer when they come over.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA

That makes Suomela's last year more impressive as a prospect, but not more useful to this upcoming season. If anything I feel like his age would cause Radil's point total projections to be more accurate. It's not like the KHL isn't a bunch of grown men.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That makes Suomela's last year more impressive as a prospect, but not more useful to this upcoming season. If anything I feel like his age would cause Radil's point total projections to be more accurate. It's not like the KHL isn't a bunch of grown men.

Liiga level dropped significantly. Clubs don't have any money and Jokerit left to play KHL. I remember a few years ago Liiga was known for excellent tempo hockey and their clubs used to be able to compete with Europe's top teams...it's not like that anymore. Suomela also doesn't have NHL size or Radils/Praplans skill level. He also played reduced 3rd line minutes in Finnland and barely played outside of Liiga. I think you're expecting a bit too much here.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->