• Magnus Chrona

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I’d feel a lot more confident if they land Hellebuyck or another upgrade in net but agreed, it’s gonna come down to them and Carolina in the east.
I’m a little dubious of Carolina as a serious Cup threat, and the reason for that is that I don’t feel that they have the game-breaking offensive talent to go all the way. Aho and Svechnikov are great all-around players, but I don’t think either is the type of guy who is going to create something out of nothing and win a game despite the team not playing well overall. I see Carolina as a team who wins most of the time when they’re playing well but never wins if they aren’t, whereas having a player like Jack Hughes means even if you play like crap most of the game, he could still win it for you with a couple of good shifts. Just my take, but seeking a true game-breaking talent is just about the only reason I can see Carolina as a serious candidate to trade for Karlsson.

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Voted Mukh but I think it’s tied between him and Bystedt. He ultimately won out because he’s our best D prospect. I’d put Musty after those two, but I’m thrilled by our top 5.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
I don’t think any of us expect Chmelevski to ever play another game in teal.
He had a breakout year and is contracted for just one more season in the KHL, would make sense to try again in the NHL. He himself has mentioned that he was contacting the Sharks staff during the season, so I guess at least the management still have some expectations.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I’d feel a lot more confident if they land Hellebuyck or another upgrade in net but agreed, it’s gonna come down to them and Carolina in the east.
Yep. I think if we trade EK to Carolina, one of firsts coming back will have a condition of making the conference finals.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I’m a little dubious of Carolina as a serious Cup threat, and the reason for that is that I don’t feel that they have the game-breaking offensive talent to go all the way. Aho and Svechnikov are great all-around players, but I don’t think either is the type of guy who is going to create something out of nothing and win a game despite the team not playing well overall. I see Carolina as a team who wins most of the time when they’re playing well but never wins if they aren’t, whereas having a player like Jack Hughes means even if you play like crap most of the game, he could still win it for you with a couple of good shifts. Just my take, but seeking a true game-breaking talent is just about the only reason I can see Carolina as a serious candidate to trade for Karlsson.
I also just hate watching them play. Dump out and chase, dump in and chase, send puck to point, spam low percentage shot, repeat 50x. There’s no offensive creativity whatsoever which could definitely be why they’re in on EK.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Yep. I think if we trade EK to Carolina, one of firsts coming back will have a condition of making the conference finals.

Conditional 2024 1st if they make the Conference Finals. Carolina and New Jersey meet again in the second round.

1688664694698.png

• Haha
Reactions: Shark Finn

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
He had a breakout year and is contracted for just one more season in the KHL, would make sense to try again in the NHL. He himself has mentioned that he was contacting the Sharks staff during the season, so I guess at least the management still have some expectations.
So at the earliest, he might potentially possibly sign a contract with the Sharks when he’s 25? Doesn’t really sound like a “prospect” to me.

I still hope to see Sasha in teal again, but I’m not counting on it and it’ll be a while before I’d think about voting for him in this poll, even if he were there.

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
So at the earliest, he might potentially possibly sign a contract with the Sharks when he’s 25? Doesn’t really sound like a “prospect” to me.

I still hope to see Sasha in teal again, but I’m not counting on it and it’ll be a while before I’d think about voting for him in this poll, even if he were there.
That's why I was asking the question about if he is eligible or not. Maybe @Lebanezer can be more specific about the eligibility criteria?
Not sure the odds of either of them returning to the sharks at this point, so probably will get overlooked by us
I'd say with Chmelevski the odds of returning are not that low due to the fact that I mentioned that the Sharks are still guiding him in his development. About Kashnikov not sure what "returning" had to do with him, he has never signed with the Sharks yet.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I think Chmelevski is probably a better prospect than Coe, Raska, or Wiesblatt at this point. I still think he has NHL bottom six ability, while I'm not sure the other guys have NHL potential at all at this point.

It's not much, but I think the odds are better that Chmelevski will reach 200 NHL games than Raska or Coe. The question is whether he wants to fight for a job in the NHL, or accept the security (and maybe better pay) of a top six role in Russia.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
i also hate brent burns and the carolina hurricanes

but i love their draft picks! :naughty:

just kidding i love burnzie!

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I think Chmelevski is probably a better prospect than Coe, Raska, or Wiesblatt at this point. I still think he has NHL bottom six ability, while I'm not sure the other guys have NHL potential at all at this point.

It's not much, but I think the odds are better that Chmelevski will reach 200 NHL games than Raska or Coe. The question is whether he wants to fight for a job in the NHL, or accept the security (and maybe better pay) of a top six role in Russia.
Out of those 4 I think Ozzy has the best chance to make the NHL but that’s as a 4th line pest.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
That's why I was asking the question about if he is eligible or not. Maybe @Lebanezer can be more specific about the eligibility criteria?

I'd say with Chmelevski the odds of returning are not that low due to the fact that I mentioned that the Sharks are still guiding him in his development. About Kashnikov not sure what "returning" had to do with him, he has never signed with the Sharks yet.
I can add him, it's not a big deal. He falls into the criteria, under 25, under 25 nhl games played. Usually we start with the guys we expect to be the top 10 or so and then add people as we go.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I can add him, it's not a big deal. He falls into the criteria, under 25, under 25 nhl games played. Usually we start with the guys we expect to be the top 10 or so and then add people as we go.

One guy that fits this criteria that probably belongs on here then is Makiniemi.

Cicek would too, but well aware people are down on him after he had a rough year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad