Prospect Info: San Jose Sharks #2 Prospect

Who is the Sharks' second best prospect?

• Daniil Gushchin LW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alexei Melnichuk G

• Benjamin Gaudreau G

• Tristen Robins C/W

• Joachim Blichfeld LW/RW

• Jonathan Dahlen C/LW

• Ivan Chekhovich LW

• Sasha Chmelevski C/RW

• Santeri Hatakka LD

• Artemi Kniazev LD

• Brinson Pasichnuk LD

• Scott Reedy C/W

• Timur Ibragimov LW

• Jacob McGrew C/W

• Jayden Halbgewachs LW

• Zacharie Émond G

• Brandon Coe RW

• Yegor Spiridonov C

• Ethan Cardwell RW

• Gannon Laroque LD

• Max McCue C

• Liam Gilmartin LW

• Theo Jacobsson C

• Yevgeni Kashnikov LD

• Adam Raska RW

• Linus Oberg RW

• Alex Young C

• Timofey Spitserov RW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Not going to vote, but I don't think Knyzhov finished top-5 in any polls while he was a prospect. Now, Hatakka and Kniazev aren't that unknown, but I suspect a defenseman is going to surprise us.

Reedy and Blichfeld are the only prospects with solid AHL production. Of course, Bordeleau is lighting up the NCAA, Dahlen destroyed the Swedish first division, and Chekhovich had great KHL numbers...

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I hadn't actually realized how much Merkley had dropped in my eyes. He may not even be a top 5 prospect to me anymore. That's really disappointing considering how much I liked the pick.

Reactions: Sharksrule04

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I hadn't actually realized how much Merkley had dropped in my eyes. He may not even be a top 5 prospect to me anymore. That's really disappointing considering how much I liked the pick.
I think he's 4 for me still. I think I like Wiesblatt's potential and odss more but after that, I think Merkley's still got major boom factor that keeps him ahead of Gushchin and Robins but it's close.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
I think he's 4 for me still. I think I like Wiesblatt's potential and odss more but after that, I think Merkley's still got major boom factor that keeps him ahead of Gushchin and Robins but it's close.
I think I have him at 5- 7 right now. I still need to think about it on exactly where that's the general area. At this point he's more likely a bust than not.

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
I will probably be the person who has Merkley the lowest. Actually wouldn’t be surprised if Kniazev ends up being the better player.
He’s still got some time before he heads to bust territory, but his first AHL season wasn’t great at all for a guy who can’t/doesn’t defend. He needs to be putting up at least a PPG in the AHL before he even has a semblance of a chance to negate his defensive play.

I was/am happy they took a flier on him considering his potential compared to draft position, you win som, you lose some, but that’s the game you play drafting at the end of the first.

Reactions: Sharksrule04

landshark

They'll paint the donkey teal if you pay.
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2003
outer richmond dist
Chrona? Should we have a separate list for goalies?

Edit: looked over the list again and even with Chrona it's not enough of a list to bother with really. :scared:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad