Proposal: San Jose - Montreal

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
BLOCKBUSTER!! :sarcasm:

San Jose looks like they could use an experienced backup yet their budget is quite right. With Montreal signing Montoya and Lindgren they have a bit of a logjam behind Carey Price. If San Jose was interested in Condon, Montreal would hope for an AHL RW in return. San Jose seems to have a few. What kind of deal would work, if any, for Schoenborn or Goodrow?

Habs fans can weigh in too. Let's try to do this without moving roster players from either team.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I saw blockbuster and immediately was about to say no. Then I actually read it. I would do Schoenborn for Condon.

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
BLOCKBUSTER!! :sarcasm:

San Jose looks like they could use an experienced backup yet their budget is quite right. With Montreal signing Montoya and Lindgren they have a bit of a logjam behind Carey Price. If San Jose was interested in Condon, Montreal would hope for an AHL RW in return. San Jose seems to have a few. What kind of deal would work, if any, for Schoenborn or Goodrow?

Habs fans can weigh in too. Let's try to do this without moving roster players from either team.

Does not compute.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I have 0 idea how good Condon is or if he will be an upgrade on Dell as our backup or not. But Goodrow is definitely an asset we can part with. We have forward prospects coming out of our ying yang over the next few years and have quite a log jam to be honest.

Should be a definite upgrade on Dell. Proven he can play in the NHL and had pretty good stats when actually used as a back-up.

Does not compute.

55 more games experience than Dell at the NHL level ;)

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
What would the Sharks want for Mueller on top of Condon?

Jacob De La Rose
Tim Bozon

???

ginovegas

Dec 15, 2009
Montreal
why a right winger?
we have Gallagher signed long term, we just signed Shaw for 4 years, we also signed Radulov, and our 2 top forward prospects McCarron and Scherbak play the right side too???

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Goodrow for Condon could be realistic. I really like Goodrow and he's an NHL player but theres no room.

That said, I'm fairly certain the org wants to see Dell in action.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Sharks would probably trade a 4th for Condon. Maybe Goodrow. Nothing more though.

What would the Sharks want for Mueller on top of Condon?

Jacob De La Rose
Tim Bozon

???

You want our only LHD prospect? It'll cost more than that.

Condon + 2017 2nd for Goldobin.

Goldy is not going anywhere. He's our 2nd-best forward prospect besides Meier imo.

Goodrow for Condon could be realistic. I really like Goodrow and he's an NHL player but theres no room.

This is why I think the Sharks will get the backup at the deadline, a la Reimer this year. Let's see how Dell works out. If he does then there's no problem to begin with.

wildD

Jul 25, 2015
If San Jose really wanted Mike Condon then I would trade for Noah Rod

Why this player no contract yet so he doesn't count into the max player you can have and you do save little money witch Montreal needs atm

akirayeung

May 19, 2015
Toronto
Condon + 2017 2nd for Goldobin.

Laughable :laugh:

Also, the Sharks have better options out there for their backup goalie via free agency or their own system if they are confident in Dell. There's no need to give up any assets for a position can can easily be filled essentially for free.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

He's also just 22. They already know he's a competent nhl 4th liner, so I'm fine with them keeping him in the 'a' in a scoring role.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Barclay Goodrow has an elite hockey name. He should be damn near untouchable unless a team is willing to overpay. I don't think Montreal has the assets to bring Goodrow into the conversation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad