Rumor: Samuelsson back home to Sweden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
I doubt Holland will let him go just like that. Pride and all.

That said, I hope it's true.

RedWingsNow*

Nice to rid ourselves of a roster spot - but aren't we also worried about cap dollars, too?

SoupNazi

Serenity now. Insanity later.
Feb 6, 2010
Nice to rid ourselves of a roster spot - but aren't we also worried about cap dollars, too?

We could probably trade his hit to another team, a la Tim Thomas being traded to the Islanders. I'd be willing to trade a lower pick just to get rid of it.

RedWingsNow*

We could probably trade his hit to another team, a la Tim Thomas being traded to the Islanders. I'd be willing to trade a lower pick just to get rid of it.

Works for me. Would Sammy still have to OK the trade? Maybe he'd do it in exchange for a Swedish Little Caesar's franchise.

crashman

I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Sammy is a really solid player (when healthy).

I've read almost no mention of this here, but him and Stephen Weiss were part of a solid line when Florida made the playoffs in 2012. Just look at some goal highlights from their year together on NHL.com, they were honestly pretty good together.

I want Tatar and Nyquist to get full-time jobs on this team as much as anyone, but Sammy has value as a player. I think most of you totally forgot he played a decent role in our 2008 Stanley Cup. If he's with the team when training camp comes, I think he's gonna be pushing really hard to earn ice-time.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I know I'm in the minority here, but I think Sammy is a really solid player (when healthy).

I've read almost no mention of this here, but him and Stephen Weiss were part of a solid line when Florida made the playoffs in 2012. Just look at some goal highlights from their year together on NHL.com, they were honestly pretty good together.

I want Tatar and Nyquist to get full-time jobs on this team as much as anyone, but Sammy has value as a player. I think most of you totally forgot he played a decent role in our 2008 Stanley Cup. If he's with the team when training camp comes, I think he's gonna be pushing really hard to earn ice-time.

Sammy played mostly with Goc and Bergy ES.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Sammy would have accepted the buyout if he was open to this, he would be losing 2 million dollars doing it this way. Seems more hopeful from a Swedish journalist than actual reality. Wouldn't be bad, just have serious doubts. Maybe they should talk him into actually getting his peck surgery and clean up some of his other failing parts of his body so he can agree to terms there for next season and IR this year, get a years rest be cleared to skate with this team at the tail end of their season in practices and return next year 100% in Sweden.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If he retires from NHL like Kovalchuk, we don't have to pay anything for him.

That caphit would still be there because of the +35 rule. But that caphit could be traded (like in Tim Thomas -case) if Sammy agrees with this scenario and if he is already heading back to Sweden. That really does not matter for him where his rights are.

Is there any cap floor teams that could benefit about that Sammy caphit (with no pay)?

Uno Bench

Swedish citizen
Mar 7, 2012
This should not be called "a rumor". It's completly out of thin air, some bored Swedish hockeywriter speculating in a homegrown text

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad