C Samuel Sisik - TPS U16 / Jr. C SM-sarja Q (2023 draft)

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
why are so many slovaks going to other countries to develop? Even the germans can develop their top youth players in their system. This shouldnt be the future of slovak hockey
The Slovak u20 league is still overall better than the German u20 league. The DEL is better than Slovak liga though. Slovakia is still out-producing germans in terms of overall prospects, but Germans can develop elite level talent better than Slovaks. Germany is also much richer and has better facilities for skating and skill development. It’s like when people compare Slovakia and Finland, they only see population. They miss the fact that Slovak gdp is very small compared to Finland, and thus less money is available to invest in hockey programs.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nice 2 goal game. Up to ppg now, he will get games with u18 team this year. Just a matter of when. Offensive dynamo
Uhh, getting ahead of ourselves a little bit here? Few players play in the Finnish u18 league as triple underagers. I've watched all 4 games he's played this season and he honestly in my opinion is the 4th-best underager on his team(Kiviharju, Vali, Elo all are better), let alone the league. To be frank, it's a bit strange that he's listed as a prospect on eliteprospects while zero Finns are.

Of course, he still is one of the better players on the team but some sense of realism... He's at 1 PPG and would likely need to be at around 2+ PPG for that to be realistic. If we look at players who recently got some u18 time as triple underagers, they would be guys like Kasper Simontaival or Joakim Kemell who were at 2-3 points per game. So far Sisik's season is reminding me of how Robin Keihäs was in C last season. And of course, he got nowhere near B. In fact, he's back in C this season. That's a national team player.

This sort of is the issue with overrating players from all sorts of nonsense leagues like EBJL u18 or whatnot, from marginal hockey countries. You saw he scored at 2 PPG last season as a 4x underager, which sure looks impressive, but in reality he just is a pretty good underager in Finland. And indeed, you don't see these "pretty good underager"-guys getting talked about so much in Finland because they really aren't that special.

Last edited:

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
Uhh, getting ahead of ourselves a little bit here? Few players play in the Finnish u18 league as triple underagers. I've watched all 4 games he's played this season and he honestly in my opinion is the 4th-best underager on his team(Kiviharju, Vali, Elo all are better), let alone the league. To be frank, it's a bit strange that he's listed as a prospect on eliteprospects while zero Finns are.

Of course, he still is one of the better players on the team but some sense of realism... He's at 1 PPG and would likely need to be at around 2+ PPG for that to be realistic.

This sort of is the issue with overrating players from all sorts of nonsense leagues like EBJL u18 or whatnot, from marginal hockey countries. You saw he scored at 2 PPG last season as a 4x underager, which sure looks impressive, but in reality he just is a pretty good underager in Finland. And indeed, you don't see these "pretty good underager"-guys getting talked about so much in Finland because they really aren't that special.
Sisik is very talented but i agree with you. He has to be dominant player and after that we can talk about U18. Btw Sisik played last season in multiple leagues not only in EBJL. He also played in Czech Republic for Sparta Prague i believe but its not on eliteprospects.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia

Of course, he still is one of the better players on the team but some sense of realism... He's at 1 PPG and would likely need to be at around 2+ PPG for that to be realistic. If we look at players who recently got some u18 time as triple underagers, they would be guys like Kasper Simontaival or Joakim Kemell who were at 2-3 points per game. So far Sisik's season is reminding me of how Robin Keihäs was in C last season. And of course, he got nowhere near B. In fact, he's back in C this season. That's a national team player.

That’s not very nice to say.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
That’s not very nice to say.
Which part of it? Do you disagree with something? Tell me what you disagree on so we can discuss it.

Santeri Elo is one of the top Finnish 05 forwards(And doubles Sisik in scoring currently), Noa Vali is the best 05 Goalie in Finland, perhaps Europe.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Which part of it? Do you disagree with something? Tell me what you disagree on so we can discuss it.

Santeri Elo is one of the top Finnish 05 forwards(And doubles Sisik in scoring currently), Noa Vali is the best 05 Goalie in Finland, perhaps Europe.
I’m not comparing him to Finnish prospects, I’m comparing Sisik to other ‘05 slovak prospects.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I’m not comparing him to Finnish prospects, I’m comparing Sisik to other ‘05 slovak prospects.
Well, you said that he'll play with the u-18 team and I said that he's not that good. I don't really care about Slovakian 05 prospects, I would rather care about 05 prospects world-wide. That's what my comment on him being listed as a notable prospect on eliteprospects was about, too - he really should not be with his skill level. If there's 3 underagers better than him on his very team...

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
Well, you said that he'll play with the u-18 team and I said that he's not that good. I don't really care about Slovakian 05 prospects, I would rather care about 05 prospects world-wide. That's what my comment on him being listed as a notable prospect on eliteprospects was about, too - he really should not be with his skill level. If there's 3 underagers better than him on his very team...
Yes maybe I was a little to trigger happy with the u18 thoughts. I just simply hoped his season went well where he could advance and the future of Slovak prospects was in a better place than it was a few years ago. Jeez what’s with the hostility

mirec04

Sep 3, 2018
Slovakia

OMG, maybe above mentioned Finnish players are better than Sisik but despite of that you are comparing players based on 4 played games...
Do not forget that everything is new for him in Finland - culture, team mates, he needs to live maybe somewhere in the hostel etc.. and he is still very young, far from the home.
Another factor could be also that domestic couches could (unconsciously) prefer domestic players from foreign ones etc. ;)
These all can be factors which could influence his performances so far. Let's wait till at least December when he should get adopted and then we will see how he will be performing.. In last game he has scored 2 goals, what is 2x more than in 3 previous games based on your logic of comparing statistics between players..

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Last game, he scored 4 points, playing next to Santeri Sulku who scored 6 points. TBH, no clue what Santeri Sulku was doing in C which he's way too good for.

Kiwishockey

Oct 6, 2019
Having a son that play both with him on he same team and against him in Austria I have nothing to say except fantastic things about this kid. He was training with several other Slovaks midway between Vienna and Bratislava and his coach played in the Montreal system at some point. Samual is exceptional and extremely coachable. Would have loved to have him come back tit the states with us. Austrian hockey is maybe AA level so the kids who can hang go to Cech to play (Cech Knights) to get the better experience. Playing up U16/U18 isn’t impressive the way they rub their programs in Austria. Can’t wait to reconnect with this kid when he earns his NHL ice time.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Please, refresh the topics name.

Btw, is any age restriction in Finland SM-18 or SM-20? Could he see some games in those leagues?
Shouldn't be, no. And TPS also is quite notorious for playing many underagers in every age group, unlike Kärpät for example. A handful of triple underagers tend to play up in B every year. And well, it's certainly possible that he'll get a few games in B during the spring.

An issue is that there are several teammates of his who will likely have priority for a B assignment, such as Santeri Sulku and even Robin Keihäs. Hence, it's a bit of a tough team for making B right now - TPS's at this point the strongest C-SM team in Finland.

But well, I think he's looked good recently. Better than Santeri Elo certainly. Here you can watch the full games:

In case someone wasn't aware.

Reactions: mirec04 and kudla

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Is he physically ready to play in higher leagues?
A bigger issue is his skating posture, I think if he won't learn to skate more upright, with such a small frame he'll get absolutely blown up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad