Value of: Samuel Morin

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Weren't Flyers fans saying he was the next big thing? What happened? Not take the next step or something?

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Weren't Flyers fans saying he was the next big thing? What happened? Not take the next step or something?
He has only played 24 total games between the NHL/AHL since the end of 16-17.

Injuries have destroyed his career. He is still a better player than Hagg, but the flyers brass have wet dreams over his hit totals which is why he still plays.

When he has played, he’s been noticeable... in a good way. He’s in your face, mean, and people don’t mess with him. His skating is superb. One of the best skating big men in the game even though he doesn’t play. He doesn’t handle the puck very well, but it’s serviceable over what Hagg does with the puck.

He was the best Dman we had 2 years ago in camp, but Hextall and Hakstol took Hagg instead. Shortly after that, broken hand (from a fight) which held him out for a bit. I think he had a groin injury prior to that which he somewhat hid from mgmt so they’d give him a chance. After he was sent down, the most recent time, he tore his ACL.

Reactions: biturbo19

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Injuries, and an organizational hard-on for the worst defenseman in the league, Robert Hagg.

And no one ever thought Morin was the next big thing, he's always been the laggard in our D-core, in terms of prospects. Big, Physical, and skates well, should be a good option as a #4, if he ever gets the time to prove it.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

No, they weren't.

He was taken as a project and he's never broken out into "the next big thing" -- you're forgetting which of our several D prospects we were hyping up.

Also there's no reason to get rid of Morin when he hasn't really had the chance. With his pure size alone, it's good to have in your depth if he's cheap, young and signed (which he is)

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
True. I just remember hearing him being a big piece in their future then heard less and less over time so I was just wondering what changed

His still here just looking to make a break as a bottom-6; unfortunately nearly two years of injuries really hurt him when spots were just opening up.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
True. I just remember hearing him being a big piece in their future then heard less and less over time so I was just wondering what changed
losing 2 years of AHL time due to injury will hurt development.

I would still play him over Hagg right now though.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Would love Morin on St. Louis as LD depth. What would the Flyers need in return? It looks like your stocked on D ...

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He looked okay in preseason and as an older rookie hes going to have to make the most of his playing time. Im hoping he plays tonight in Edmonton.

Once apon a time i ranked the flyers best d prospects sanheim morin ghost. They then added provorov. One of those 4 guys needs to be good enough to push someone to switch sides as theyre all left handed.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
He looked okay in preseason and as an older rookie hes going to have to make the most of his playing time. Im hoping he plays tonight in Edmonton.

Once apon a time i ranked the flyers best d prospects sanheim morin ghost. They then added provorov. One of those 4 guys needs to be good enough to push someone to switch sides as theyre all left handed.
Ghost played like shite during Calgary game, I would bench him and place Morin in his place.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad