Injury Report: Samuel Morin, Torn ACL

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Morin was better than Hagg imo. I think management took a gamble and figured they could let Morin marinate 1 more year for the perfect scenario...but injuries took place

Now it could cost him his NHL career unfortunately

IMO Morin should have been the call up

Reactions: Foggy14 and mmvvpp

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Morin was better than Hagg imo. I think management took a gamble and figured they could let Morin marinate 1 more year for the perfect scenario...but injuries took place

Could hagg even go back to minors without being put on waivers?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Morin wasn't going to spend the year in Lehigh, Hextall said when he sent him down he expected to play all three rookie defensemen last year.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Friedman is above average at a lot of things. He has above average mobility, an above average shot, he isn't tall but he is sturdily built and fairly physical for his size, he moves the puck pretty well. RH shot. I never said he would push ahead of anyone on the current Flyers roster, which is why I compared him to Seidenberg in that I could see him as an overlooked young player who carves out a solid but unspectacular NHL career for other organizations.

Above average compared to whom/what?

He came with a nice toolset at his draft age, carried that through College but now he looks strictly average most of the time against AHL competition and I don't see the mobility or hockey sense that would set him apart from NHL competition.

But I agree in that he could have a solid pro career. Being average and not having any glaring holes in your skillset is all it takes to be a solid third pairing guy for many years.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
People are just so desperate to be right about Morin. Injuries aside, he simply hasnt been good enough even at the AHL level. He was a reach at the time they picked him and nothing has changed since then. He will be lucky to end up being a good third pairing D and looks destined to be a journeyman 6th/7th.
I do not know about all that.. He would play last season if not for injuries or iffy coaching decisions. Manning got a lot of ice time for no particular reason.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
I see Friedman as the anti-Manning; a future 6th/7th defenseman who will be a high-energy/effort guy who won't piss off the entire fan base.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad