Injury Report: Samuel Morin, Torn ACL

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I cannot fathom how he tore his ACL on the play. Makes no sense at all to me.

Hopefully this at least opens a door for Myers and pushes Hagg into the #7.

Reactions: Foggy14 and bauer

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I cannot fathom how he tore his ACL on the play. Makes no sense at all to me.

Just happens sometimes. ACL’s are like a flat tires.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Im 6 weeks post surgery after tearing my acl, and meniscus, i also sprained my mcl. The Doctor told me it would be about a year before i play hockey again, and about 9 months before I skate again.

After 6 weeks im finally down to using one crutch, im going to pt 3 times a week.

I feel for the kid.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Does any of this happen had he started the year in the Flyers Top 6 like he deserve to be? Probably not. But hey, at least we got to watch the last 65 games of Mannings NHL career.

Came here to say this. Fully expect Manning to be resigned now.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Does any of this happen had he started the year in the Flyers Top 6 like he deserve to be? Probably not. But hey, at least we got to watch the last 65 games of Mannings NHL career.
I would say there is a significant chance Manning plays another 65 games here

I guess that takes care of the waiver problem.
Not really, at that time of year a bad team is more likely to take those chances. What I do think they will do is give him a conditioning stint with the Phantoms

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
Came here to say this. Fully expect Manning to be resigned now.

giphy.gif

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I wonder what happens when he comes back. February is an odd date. It's possible he comes back a month early or something to complicate things, but his season is mostly shot. Obviously, they ideally would send him to the AHL when he comes back, but perhaps a really bad team puts a waiver claim on him and is willing to let him take up a press box spot as he rounds into shape. I'm not sure what the chances of that are. It'd be late enough in the season with the 23-man roster limit ending after the late February deadline. A bad team could look at that as an investment towards next year, while still getting him some games late.

But if the Flyers wanted to give him a 2 week conditioning stint in February and call him up shortly after, it can be worked out so he can stick around and not go on waivers due to the non-roster limit, while not really impacting the team, cap space provided. It really all depends on the likelihood he'd get claimed. After this season being lost too, it might be moot.

Reactions: Flukeshot

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I doubt Manning is resigned.

Myers will make the team this fall, and that leaves you with Gudas, MacDonald and Hagg for 2 spots.
Given that by the spring, Morin should be returning (say March after a few weeks rehab in the AHL) and Friedman should be able to contribute in an Alt role, it makes zero sense to bring Manning back.

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

Provorov-MacDonald
Hagg-Gostisbehere
Sanheim-Gudas
Morin

Morin was the #7 anyway in all likelihood (ugh), and nothing indicates anyone is leaving that top 6 going into next year, as Hagg is a mainstay. Myers is a RD and Morin a LD too. The door slightly opened, but Hagg proceeded to hit it so hard it got stuck in the frame.

So, really Morin would've just been in the press box doing spot duty and Myers would've been in the AHL. They're not going to put Myers in the press box, so this just means a cheap #6/7 signed in free agency. The Injury Gods will determine Myers' NHL fate!

Magua

Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
The fluffing the org's mouthpieces have done recently gives me hope, but can we really be confident in that after this year?

Sanheim had his little time-share thing with ManDog before getting in Hakstol's -- don't say dog house -- dog house.

I'm not sure they would have Myers break camp to be the #7 going in and out. That wasn't the GM's plan with Sanheim to sit for that long either. For Myers to split-start, another prospect would also have to exit the lineup. It'd be messy. It doesn't have to do with Myers and him avoiding the Sanheimian double standard, which I think he will in part, but the other players on the roster.

We all know a lineup of Provy-Ghost/Sanheim-Gudas/Mac (read: de Haan)-Myers is probably the best lineup, but Hagg has to find his way out of their good graces long-term. Good luck with that. I still mildly worry about a Gudas trade to free up that spot, but they're so veteran-mad it fortunately is unlikely. It's easiest to me to see them just stick Myers back down waiting for an injury. It's a proven method for decision making.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I doubt Manning is resigned.

Myers will make the team this fall, and that leaves you with Gudas, MacDonald and Hagg for 2 spots.
Given that by the spring, Morin should be returning (say March after a few weeks rehab in the AHL) and Friedman should be able to contribute in an Alt role, it makes zero sense to bring Manning back.

It’s going to make a lot of sense to them to bring Manning back and we can’t say for sure they weren’t already in the business of upgrading the position. They’re going to want someone they see as reliable to fill that role at a low cost and Manning has been their guy for that for a few years now.

Reactions: kelmitchell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad