Prospect Info: Samuel Girard

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
So VAN loaning Juolevi to TPS is because he's from Finland or? CBA is confusing when you don't have the time/knowlegde of language.

Though dealing with prospects in general my knowledge is close to 0%
The 19 year old rule protecting the CHL is not in the CBA. As far as I know it's and agreement, not a rule and was not collectively bargained.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I think those who suspect we will keep him up but play him less than 40 games are correct. Will cost a year of his ELC but save a year of progress toward free agency. The question I have is do playoff games count toward 40?

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think those who suspect we will keep him up but play him less than 40 games are correct. Will cost a year of his ELC but save a year of progress toward free agency. The question I have is do playoff games count toward 40?
Seems like I remember reading they do but that could be for something else.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So you are 2-3-2 without him in the lineup and 3-1 with him IN the lineup and he has played really well for you YET the Preds are keeping him out because..........?

Because teams are really stupid about not burning a year of the ELC even if the player will help them win now.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
They should send him back to junior and let the kid play.
yeah he'd be playing, but really it wouldn't be a challenge for him. They need to just play him in the NHL. Maybe let him rest a game every 5-7 games to keep him fresh as he adjusts to the longer schedule.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
yeah he'd be playing, but really it wouldn't be a challenge for him. They need to just play him in the NHL. Maybe let him rest a game every 5-7 games to keep him fresh as he adjusts to the longer schedule.

He'd be traded to a contender and the World Juniors this year , I could see him benefiting from that rather than playing 1/3 games in Nashville.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He'd be traded to a contender and the World Juniors this year , I could see him benefiting from that rather than playing 1/3 games in Nashville.

Exactly this... He should be sent back i agree... Or else Preds need to make a trade and open room and keep him... Just do 1 or the other and let him play

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
We have room already, I think it's more just making the decision on what to do. As far as developing D goes, I think we've proven we are pretty decent at developing those over the years so I think if they thought it was as cut and dry as sending him back to Juniors being the best for him they would have already done it.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
This is what Poile said about it.

If Girard is on the Predators' roster for 40 games (regardless of whether he plays), then that counts as a year's service toward unrestricted free agency.

“We’re still waiting to figure that out," Predators general manager David Poile said. "It’s a game-by-game trial. … We’re just trying to stretch this out, but if he goes into the lineup and plays really well, that works more in his favor for him to stay.”

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...el-girard-ryan-ellis-injury-update/812602001/

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
Sorry but Poile did not say that. It's not a quote from Poile.

This isn't a quote from Poile?

“We’re still waiting to figure that out," Predators general manager David Poile said. "It’s a game-by-game trial. … We’re just trying to stretch this out, but if he goes into the lineup and plays really well, that works more in his favor for him to stay.”

If it isn't then where did Vingan get that and why did he put it in quotes and say Poile said it?

Reactions: FierceFalcon

lstcyr

Jul 29, 2002
Visit site

If it isn't then where did Vingan get that and why did he put it in quotes and say Poile said it?

Sorry. I was pointing out that this "If Girard is on the Predators' roster for 40 games (regardless of whether he plays), then that counts as a year's service toward unrestricted free agency. " is not a direct quote of Poile.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
His play has seemed to taper off. Only two points and -5 in 22 games with Colorado.

The minutes caught up to him there for a bit, but he's had some of his best games lately and is back on the ascent. It's been pretty weird that Barrie keeps racking up the points, even when he was playing like trash, while Girard can play great and still get nothing on the scoresheet; but that'll normalize over time...especially if Girard can run with the opportunity he's gonna get running the 1st unit PP while Barrie's out.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Was certainly a trade for the future for both teams, and no one should be shocked that Turris is currently putting up more numbers than a rookie who's 9 years younger than him. I say for the future from Nashville's perspective too because we were able to lock up Turris for awhile whereas Girard could potentially be in Colorado for a looong time.

I'm sure Girard will find his way as he gets older and, presumably, bigger. I wouldn't be too thrown off by his stats right now, although admittedly I haven't seen a lot of him with the Avs. (BTW that sucker punch on him was bullshit.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->