Prospect Info: Samuel Girard

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
I been reading alot about this kid because i would of liked to put him a trade for duchene but the more i read about him and watch highlights on him. He has a legit shot to make this team as soon as next year if he develops in Milwaukee. He seems to fit lavys system too. So i dont know if i want to get rid of him now lol. My question is fabbro that much better than girard?

SauceMyBiscuit

Aug 22, 2015
Atlanta, GA
I been reading alot about this kid because i would of liked to put him a trade for duchene but the more i read about him and watch highlights on him. He has a legit shot to make this team as soon as next year if he develops in Milwaukee. He seems to fit lavys system too. So i dont know if i want to get rid of him now lol. My question is fabbro that much better than girard?

They just different styles. Their skill sets are like comparing Ellis and Ekholm. I will say that Fabbro's maturity is exceptional for his age. That maturity can lead to an earlier callup. I don't think Girard is near the maturity of Fabbro

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008

I don't think he's eligible for Milwaukee this season, one more year in the Q.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
He tracked down Dr. Richard Kimble, so he definitely has some skills.

tenor.gif

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
So whats the deal gonna be with him??? Im assuming he is still up with the team cause I havent seen any news of him being returned yet but also see he isnt playing at all due to all the dmen Preds have.... Absolutely love this player and know he can make an impact this season but obviously wont get into many games if players are healthy and all that

I would assume a decision will come sorta soon just cause playing no games isnt really the best development path... Cant wait to see what happens!!... He will terrorize junior if he gets returned though and wont be pushed too hard

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
If he could go somewhere besides juniors that would be ideal, because I don't think he has much left to learn in that league. Unfortunately it's not an option, and I'd rather see him struggle here and learn on the fly. It's not like he's taking ice time from anyone good.

Reactions: AnalogKid

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Side bar: What is the logic behind: A) NHL or B) Juniors. Why can't he go to Milwaukee? I understand that is just how it is but now I'm trying to understand the logic behind the system.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Side bar: What is the logic behind: A) NHL or B) Juniors. Why can't he go to Milwaukee? I understand that is just how it is but now I'm trying to understand the logic behind the system.

https://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2012/8/1/3213217/bruins-nhl-chl-ahl-agreement-CBA-talks-2012

There is an agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL (Canadian Hockey League, the overarching organization beneath which stand the OHL, the WHL, and the QMJHL) which exists primarily to protect the CHL. The rule is as follows:

Players drafted and playing for CHL teams are ineligible to play in the professional minor leagues (AHL, ECHL) until they are 20 years old (by December 31st of that year) or have completed four years in major juniors. A perfect example of this is Jared Knight, this year. Knight won't turn 20 until January 16, 2012. He's already completed two years in juniors, playing his third in London this season. If things continue along their course, and Knight does not make the NHL Bruins for the 2011-2012 season, he'll have to play that year in London as well, and will be eligible for AHL play in 2012-2013. Barring CHL involvement, players have to be 18 by September 15 to be eligible for the AHL at all.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Not the same. NFL rule is for everyone, not just people drafted from college football.
I didn't say it was the same. It's a mutual agreement among leagues. There is nothing illegal about it. I don't like it but I understand why the CHL wanted it (protects their league).

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
At this point I would much rather play him and Carrier than a combination of Weber/Irwin/Emelin/Bitetto, even if it means burning a year of Girard's ELC. Somehow all four of them have managed to disappoint this season.

As far as lines go, I'd go

Josi-Ekholm
Girard-Subban
Emelin-Carrier
Weber/Bitetto/Irwin

and when Ellis is healthy go to

Josi-Ellis
Girard-Subban
Ekholm-Carrier
Emelin/Weber/Irwin/Bitetto

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
That's what a typical 3rd pairing guy does. That's why they are 3rd pairing and not top 4.

I don't know why more people don't understand this. Many Preds fans seem to judge our bottom 2 D the same way they judge our top 4. Last year, people went on and on over how awful our 3rd pair was in the playoffs, yet dang if we didn't come within two games of winning the freaking Cup. (and probably would have won it without offensive injuries).

As you say above, if they played that much better consistently then they wouldn't be 3rd pair to start with, and therefore would not be here in the first place. Almost every team in the league is in the same boat as we are- with borderline, questionable talent on the 3rd pair. That is never going to change.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
I don't know why more people don't understand this. Many Preds fans seem to judge our bottom 2 D the same way they judge our top 4. Last year, people went on and on over how awful our 3rd pair was in the playoffs, yet dang if we didn't come within two games of winning the freaking Cup. (and probably would have won it without offensive injuries).

As you say above, if they played that much better consistently then they wouldn't be 3rd pair to start with, and therefore would not be here in the first place. Almost every team in the league is in the same boat as we are- with borderline, questionable talent on the 3rd pair. That is never going to change.
Look at everyone else’s 3rd pair and then look at ours. It’s not as bad as we make it out to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->