Prospect Info: Samuel Fagemo, RW, 50th Overall

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
That garbage pisses me off so much. It's a hockey league of grown men. Are the Kings marketing team that truly pathetic that they can't shut the hell up about their God damn dogs? Honestly. Kopitar used to rush the net before gustel and now he plays like a little *****. Coincidence? Nah.

Other broadcasts show highlights from around the league where as we get stuck talking about the players friggin pets.

Reactions: crassbonanza

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
A great, in-depth analysis of Samuel Fagemo. Really paints a complete picture of him as a player.

(**Gif:s included!**)

Post-Draft Prospect Profiles: Samuel Fagemo No. 50 to the Los Angeles Kings

Thanks for sharing. Good article and great vids.

I am loving the Kings draft the more I read about each one and the clips. I was honing in on the top 4 picks - Turcotte, Bjornfot, Kaliyev and Fagemo, but also saw some of goalie Parik and heard many thought
he was the best goalie at the recent camp...had some impressive saves in the scrimmage. Good to know he's drafted with Spokane Chiefs. We were all wondering if the Kings should or shouldn't take a goalie
in the first 3 rounds and really may have a gem in Parik in late rd 3. Other picks - even hearing good things about Spence, Doyle, Nousiainen and Lee.

Thinking trading up to get Fagemo was shrewd and he will be playing on the Kings within 2 years. I am liking the transition to skating and skill - will lead to having a third line that can score.
And Turcotte and Kupari are legit top 6. Players like Fagemo, JAD would be great 3rd liners...and if Vilardi gets healthy, would be awesome. Finally additional skill and offense with
others - Thomas, Kaliyev, and Sodergran.

Hope Fagemo breaks into 20 goal, 40 point season in Frolunda and comes over after his season there...as well as Sodrgran.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003

Fagemo the first prospect from this years draft to sign.

Gives Kings more flexibility of where he goes. He can go to the AHL right away, as well as the NHL.

I believe (don't quote it as fact) that they could also assign him to Halifax in the QMJHL, since they own his CHL rights.

Aahlstroem

På Legenders Axlar
Dec 7, 2012
Göteborg
Gives Kings more flexibility of where he goes. He can go to the AHL right away, as well as the NHL.

I believe (don't quote it as fact) that they could also assign him to Halifax in the QMJHL, since they own his CHL rights.
He had a contract over 19/20 with Frölunda and was drafted outside of the first round, then SHL should have priority over AHL (that Kings have to offer him as a loan to Frölunda) or have I misunderstood something?

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He had a contract over 19/20 with Frölunda and was drafted outside of the first round, then SHL should have priority over AHL (that Kings have to offer him as a loan to Frölunda) or have I misunderstood something?

You could be right, my mistake if so. A lot of the nuances with contracts are over my head, so I apologize if I'm incorrect. Still trying to learn it!

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Interesting tidbit about them having interest in the 2018 Draft, I wonder if they made any attempt to trade back in and take Fagemo. Although sometimes it takes the experience of going undrafted to motivate a guy. Sean Durzi admitted that going undrafted in 2017 lit a fire under him and also made him realize he had to work harder off the ice. Never know if he reacts differently if he had been a late round pick.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Interesting tidbit about them having interest in the 2018 Draft, I wonder if they made any attempt to trade back in and take Fagemo. Although sometimes it takes the experience of going undrafted to motivate a guy. Sean Durzi admitted that going undrafted in 2017 lit a fire under him and also made him realize he had to work harder off the ice. Never know if he reacts differently if he had been a late round pick.

The Kings have had some success with these prospects who go undrafted in their first year of eligibility. I believe both Tanner Pearson and Trevor Lewis went undrafted in their first year of eligibility, and both of their stocks rose high enough to warrant them being considered first round draft selections.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
DAMN! Fagemo seen as good as Kempe...with more compete, if not the flat out ability. Wow.
Frozen Reality excerpt of piece with Yannetti on Fagemo

From Frozen Reality. Thanks, Gann, great job, as always.
LA Kings 2019 NHL Draft Wrap-Up with Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yanetti – Part 1LA Kings 2019 NHL Draft Wrap-Up with Director of Amateur Scouting Mark Yanetti – Part 1
Hope Fagemo is halk as good as they make him out to be...Like to see a A Kempe-Grundstrom and fagemo line. One thing the Kings don't screw around with their positions...Grundstrom is a RWinger and Fagemo is a LWinger!

Yanetti: “He’s a speed player. Fast. Explosive. He scored 15 goals in the Swedish Elite League this year, as a draft-year plus one player. He plays as a high level. He’s as good as Adrian Kempe with a higher level of compete, if not the flat-out ability. He’s got all those tools that we like, so then you look at our draft list, and he’s in a layer where the players we see after him are in another tier in the draft.”
“People throw words around, like ‘compete,’ ‘hockey sense’ and ‘character.’ There’s about eight million ways that you can compete. You can punch someone in the face. You can hit someone. You can block a shot. You can drive the net. What Fagemo does—he’s got speed-based and pace-based compete. What that means is there’s an element to his compete that’s directly related to his speed and his quickness. He gets in on the forecheck fast. He creates pressure on defensemen. He forces opposing team’s coverages to change. He forces defensemen to move a second quicker. One of the indicators in today’s NHL is, when you lose the puck, how fast do you get it back? He gets it back really, really fast. He attacks the net. He pushes defenses back. He forces defensemen to give up the [blue] line. He drives and attacks those hard areas.”

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
The Kings have had some success with these prospects who go undrafted in their first year of eligibility. I believe both Tanner Pearson and Trevor Lewis went undrafted in their first year of eligibility, and both of their stocks rose high enough to warrant them being considered first round draft selections.
You think Lewis was a success? I don't he was a bloody first rounder and should have been top 6 not a 3rd line RW that could skate, check and hold the puck but couldn't put the puck in the Pacific ocean!

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You think Lewis was a success? I don't he was a bloody first rounder and should have been top 6 not a 3rd line RW that could skate, check and hold the puck but couldn't put the puck in the Pacific ocean!

He's 17th all time in games played among players drafted 17th overall.

He has 600+ games played. I don't think you recognize how uncommon it is for these players to make the NHL, let alone play that many games.

If you think he's not a success because he's a third liner, you have unrealistic expectations.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009

I’d say any player with 600+ career games and 150+ career points is a success. Lewis is the 29th-highest-scoring player from the 2006 draft. There are 16 players that were drafted after Lewis that have more points than he does:

22. Giroux, 762 points
71. Marchand, 559
50. Lucic, 501
28. Foligno, 435
54. Anisimov, 347
25. Berglund, 326
18. Stewart, 321
177. Perrault, 309
44. Kulemin, 274
72. Clutterbuck, 229
36. McGinn, 220
45. Petry, 213
47. Matthias, 174
161. Stalberg, 168
160. MacDonald, 161
112. Beleskey, 158

That’s a success, in my opinion. Only three guys drafted after him in the first round have outscored him.

Peter James Bond II

BRANDT CLARKE 23-24 CALDER
Mar 5, 2015
Kings actually having success in terms of getting more than 2 or 3 potential NHL players from each of the last 3 drafts and getting them signed. The talent pool is getting larger and with more quality.
There were years where 1 or 2 were joining the AHL ranks and now it's like 4 or 5 each season...or 5 or 6, when you add college free agents (and Fantenberg as well)

This coming season, Prokhorkin is coming in and JAD and Kupari as well in the forward ranks, then 3 on D: Anderson, Durzi, Phillips. This is not even counting Grundstrom, since he technically came in last year or Lizotte, for that matter.

Next year, more coming on COULD be: Turcotte (if one and done) Thomas, (and possibly) Fagemo, Sodergran, Bjornfot...and a few goalies? Ingham, Hrenak...

When you draft well, can really change things fast. If Vilardi gets healthy, this is getting to be looking even better.

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I’d say any player with 600+ career games and 150+ career points is a success. Lewis is the 29th-highest-scoring player from the 2006 draft. There are 16 players that were drafted after Lewis that have more points than he does:

22. Giroux, 762 points
71. Marchand, 559
50. Lucic, 501
28. Foligno, 435
54. Anisimov, 347
25. Berglund, 326
18. Stewart, 321
177. Perrault, 309
44. Kulemin, 274
72. Clutterbuck, 229
36. McGinn, 220
45. Petry, 213
47. Matthias, 174
161. Stalberg, 168
160. MacDonald, 161
112. Beleskey, 158

That’s a success, in my opinion. Only three guys drafted after him in the first round have outscored him.
Lets agree to disagree. Lewis has been one of my least favorite players. Actually have never liked him and wish he'd be bought out but likely is he peddled at the deadline or let go when the 2020 season finished...Kings need the room for youngsters and Lewis is in the way!

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Sponsor
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire
Just to be clear... From the videos it sounds like the pronunciation is FOG-em-OWE or FAW-gummo... or is there a video of him somewhere enunciating his own name somewhere?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Just to be clear... From the videos it sounds like the pronunciation is FOG-em-OWE or FAW-gummo... or is there a video of him somewhere enunciating his own name somewhere?

Pretty sure it’s pronounced f a g-uh-mo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad