Prospect Info: Samuel Fagemo, RW, 50th Overall

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
This is a good prospect! Worth moving up from 64 to 50 to get him. Good job! There's a sense of urgency to his game and he (wait for it....the new buzzword) competes well.
His skating is fine...better skater than: Toffoli or coast around the rink, zero edge work Carter.

Kid already looks like he's gonna fit right in with our forwards. A lot of great shots to the pads and crest of these goalies. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ajtacker

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I am very excited about this pick. I think he has a solid shot at being a good NHLer. I would rather have got Grewe for obvious reasons but Fagemo was high on my list.

Excellent, me too. The Kings need skill players on the 3rd line that have the ability to play top 6 if needed. Fagemo is versatile...driven. Kind of like Leipsic, but better shot and better goal scorer.
Would love to see the bottom 6 retooled and have more skill and finish. Maybe Fagemo / Kempe / Grundstrom 3rd line. Is Fagemo signed with Frolunda this season?

Would love your draft analysis! So good to see you here.

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
Absolutely. A 3rd line of Fagemo/Kempe/Grundstrom would be a very solid one and almost a 2b more than a 3rd line. It would certainly be the kind of line up that would make a big difference in our ability to handle and even dominate the top teams. I remember Fagemo being open from this point on but I will have to ask to be certain. I have been reading your posts and think you have made some excellent points. We have a bunch of really smart posters here.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Absolutely. A 3rd line of Fagemo/Kempe/Grundstrom would be a very solid one and almost a 2b more than a 3rd line. It would certainly be the kind of line up that would make a big difference in our ability to handle and even dominate the top teams. I remember Fagemo being open from this point on but I will have to ask to be certain. I have been reading your posts and think you have made some excellent points. We have a bunch of really smart posters here.

Thanks, lots of good posts here and a great day for the Kings. I wish I could go to rookie camp next week. More and more skill there each year now.

My best post the past 48 hours, was saying I was about to go to the Avs draft party (they must have got my name on a list from buying tickets at the Pepsi Ctr box office) as I
got an email invite. I posted I was going to go there and watch then all go wild for pick #4 and I would be the only one to cheer for pick #5...and I wrote "I will
be depressed if they get Byram and Newhook" need to find it and archive it..... and they did! I am not depressed though and happy with the Kings draft.

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
Thanks, lots of good posts here and a great day for the Kings. I wish I could go to rookie camp next week. More and more skill there each year now.

My best post the past 48 hours, was saying I was about to go to the Avs draft party (they must have got my name on a list from buying tickets at the Pepsi Ctr box office) as I
got an email invite. I posted I was going to go there and watch then all go wild for pick #4 and I would be the only one to cheer for pick #5...and I wrote "I will
be depressed if they get Byram and Newhook" need to find it and archive it..... and they did! I am not depressed though and happy with the Kings draft.

That would have been hilarious to watch. Great posts:).

Reactions: KingCanadain1976

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I think Fagemo has more upside than Kempe. Damn, what a draft. Our top six future has turned around in a big way the past three years. Turcotte, Vilardi, Kupari, Anderson-Dolan, Kaliyev, Fagemo, Thomas. Add in some gems like Wagner, Grundstrom, Luff, and Iafallo and our offense looks pretty promising.
I like your enthusiasm but only 2 of those stand a chance to be a legit top 6...top 9 more than two though

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
I like your enthusiasm but only 2 of those stand a chance to be a legit top 6...top 9 more than two though

I think there's a pretty good shot that Turcotte, Vilardi, and Kupari turn into top six players. I think there's a decent shot that ONE of Kaliyev, Fagemo, Thomas, and Anderson-Dolan do. That's four top-six players taken in the past three drafts, to add to Kopitar and some combination of Kempe, Grundstrom, Brown, or Carter.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
I think there's a pretty good shot that Turcotte, Vilardi, and Kupari turn into top six players. I think there's a decent shot that ONE of Kaliyev, Fagemo, Thomas, and Anderson-Dolan do. That's four top-six players taken in the past three drafts, to add to Kopitar and some combination of Kempe, Grundstrom, Brown, or Carter.
Vilardi...don't make me laugh he'll be lucky to play
80 games in the next 3 years!Kaliyev,Fagemo,Thomas and Anderson-Dolan...if they do the Kings are screwed cause that means we are bottom feeders again! Brown and Carter should be bought very soon(next year) or traded!

Jun 30, 2006

not-amused.gif

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Vilardi...don't make me laugh he'll be lucky to play
80 games in the next 3 years!Kaliyev,Fagemo,Thomas and Anderson-Dolan...if they do the Kings are screwed cause that means we are bottom feeders again! Brown and Carter should be bought very soon(next year) or traded!

Well I beg to differ, then. Regardless of whether or not Vilardi plays, you’ve got to think Turcotte and Kupari project top six minutes within three years.

Anderson-Dolan made the team last year, and will likely stick with the team this year. I don’t know if he will have a top six role, but I don’t see why he couldn’t grow into it.

Kaliyev certainly has his detractors but the guy can score. Fagemo and Thomas are both at least “pretty good” prospects, and I’d bet at least one of the three plays games with the Kings at some point.

Let’s say, worst case scenario, Turcotte and Kupari become second line players, JAD third line, and Thomas fourth line.

xxx - xxx - xxx
xxx - Turcotte - Kupari
xxx - JAD - xxx
xxx - Thomas - xxx

That’s still 33% of your forwards coming from three drafts. Do you not think we even get that much out? I’d consider that a positive at worst.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
This is a good prospect! Worth moving up from 64 to 50 to get him. Good job! There's a sense of urgency to his game and he (wait for it....the new buzzword) competes well.
His skating is fine...better skater than: Toffoli or coast around the rink, zero edge work Carter.

I love that the first few highlights are just him barreling towards traffic areas with reckless abandon. Fearless. We need that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad