Prospect Info: Samuel Bolduc, Defence, 57th Overall

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
is this kid really good enough to be a callup this year? i would think that Hutton may be next in line, but he's a righty.

Pelech, Leddy, Greene, Aho, Bolduc. wow, i sure hope so.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
is this kid really good enough to be a callup this year? i would think that Hutton may be next in line, but he's a righty.

Pelech, Leddy, Greene, Aho, Bolduc. wow, i sure hope so.
Trots did praise the kid for his training camp. He might be closer to the nhl then we think.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Trots did praise the kid for his training camp. He might be closer to the nhl then we think.

I don't think we see Bolduc until next year, maybe a brief glimpse at the end of the season if the playoffs are clinched. Remember that this is his D+2 season so this is probably accelerated as it gets for a young d-man. While Dobson is an anomaly, breaking in 2 kids on the blue line is not happening.

Bolduc's clock starts next season with a full ELC.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I don't think we see Bolduc until next year, maybe a brief glimpse at the end of the season if the playoffs are clinched. Remember that this is his D+2 season so this is probably accelerated as it gets for a young d-man. While Dobson is an anomaly, breaking in 2 kids on the blue line is not happening.

I don’t think we will see him to next season either. I’ve never seen the kid play only YouTube highlights so can’t really judge the kid to much. Going from what I read and the coaches praise of the kid it would not surprise me if he makes the team next season.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The closest Bolduc will get to the big team this year is a callup to the expanded roster when the AHL season ends if we make the playoffs.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
The closest Bolduc will get to the big team this year is a callup to the expanded roster when the AHL season ends if we make the playoffs.
Yeah no sense in rushing him especially since IMO Wotherspoon and MVS have a shot to be depth NHLers this year as well.

Reactions: MJF

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Very excited about having a prospect like Bolduc in the organization. I am just going to say it, think he is going to be better than Holmstrom or Wilde. He was noticeable on a bad BP team this year, which isn't easy to do for a rookie. A player of length and a rocket for a shot. Wrister or Slapper. That's what I said, wrister, which will be a weapon to get shots through on the point quicker. This upcoming season will be interesting for him. Will he be the 7th D man being groomed for a larger role with the Isles, or will play the entire season in BP. I am really stoked if he becomes the full time partner to Dobson in a few years. Isles would ice Pulock-Pelech and Dobson-Bolduc. This was a tremendous pick for the Isles scouting staff after the thus far underwhelming Holmstrom pick.

Reactions: buud and MarsTBOW

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Very excited about having a prospect like Bolduc in the organization. I am just going to say it, think he is going to be better than Holmstrom or Wilde. He was noticeable on a bad BP team this year, which isn't easy to do for a rookie. A player of length and a rocket for a shot. Wrister or Slapper. That's what I said, wrister, which will be a weapon to get shots through on the point quicker. This upcoming season will be interesting for him. Will he be the 7th D man being groomed for a larger role with the Isles, or will play the entire season in BP. I am really stoked if he becomes the full time partner to Dobson in a few years. Isles would ice Pulock-Pelech and Dobson-Bolduc. This was a tremendous pick for the Isles scouting staff after the thus far underwhelming Holmstrom pick.

I hope he's ready to go and we ease him in with a steady guy like Mayfield.
The Isles have lots of decisions and I think more than one are going to surprise people.

Isles have about $5MM to work with.

Lets see what Pelech's deal looks like. Can you picture a Pelech - Dobson pairing? Dobson has the rest of the Summer to add some much-needed man strength. They would make for a good pairing for a while.

Without wanting it, can't you see Pulock getting moved to a team, along with say a contract (Leo?) or two (Hickey?) to open up space to pay Pelech, Casey, Tito and Sorokin? One more year and Ryan's a UFA with weird stats; he's sooo strong though. Wish he could score. I see a fit in the Peg. What would come back if we sent them him and Leo/Hickey or Ebs?

What about one last year of Leddy and Greene - who actually played really well together in the bubble, IIRC. Truly can't see Andy going beyond next year, but can see one more year with a partner he gels well with. Rest him sporadically and have a RHD vet to play with Leds when the time is right.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I hope he's ready to go and we ease him in with a steady guy like Mayfield.
The Isles have lots of decisions and I think more than one are going to surprise people.

Isles have about $5MM to work with.

Lets see what Pelech's deal looks like. Can you picture a Pelech - Dobson pairing? Dobson has the rest of the Summer to add some much-needed man strength. They would make for a good pairing for a while.

Without wanting it, can't you see Pulock getting moved to a team, along with say a contract (Leo?) or two (Hickey?) to open up space to pay Pelech, Casey, Tito and Sorokin? One more year and Ryan's a UFA with weird stats; he's sooo strong though. Wish he could score. I see a fit in the Peg. What would come back if we sent them him and Leo/Hickey or Ebs?

What about one last year of Leddy and Greene - who actually played really well together in the bubble, IIRC. Truly can't see Andy going beyond next year, but can see one more year with a partner he gels well with. Rest him sporadically and have a RHD vet to play with Leds when the time is right.
Agreed about Pulock, he is a UFA after next season. We need him for a deep playoff run next year. We will have a better idea come TDL to see how the Isles look. I am not expecting a decline. This team's core has proven to be one the best 4 teams in the NHL 2 years running. However, if we do stumble, Pulock would fetch some big assets, he would be a much valued commodity TDL.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
He should stay, don't you dare think about trading him. kids got a great shot and could be a force down the road

Reactions: danteipp

scott99

May 13, 2005
I’ve said this many times. Nobody knows shit about WHEN we will see Bolduc (or any other prospect). Just because you proclaim something doesn’t make it true.

It’s up to Bolduc and management. If Bolduc has a great camp, he will make it difficult for management to keep him off the team. It’s their decision, Bolduc’s job to make it impossible to cut him, and management’s job to make the right decision.

Odds are, Bolduc won’t be on the season opening roster, but we as fans can only make a statement in writing. Bolduc can make a statement on the ice.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I’ve said this many times. Nobody knows shit about WHEN we will see Bolduc (or any other prospect). Just because you proclaim something doesn’t make it true.

It’s up to Bolduc and management. If Bolduc has a great camp, he will make it difficult for management to keep him off the team. It’s their decision, Bolduc’s job to make it impossible to cut him, and management’s job to make the right decision.

Odds are, Bolduc won’t be on the season opening roster, but we as fans can only make a statement in writing. Bolduc can make a statement on the ice.
Why are you taking a post from February and creating an out-of-context narrative in July?

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
I love Pulock, and think Bolduc will be great - in time.

All I'm saying is that the Isles have some nice assets that are more ready than Staple will have you think.
They also have several players that need contracts and ... that means that someone will have to go.

I kind of doubt it'll be Pulock, but he undeniably would have a huge line waiting to grab him from us. Forget about whether it's stupid or smart, just for a second, think about the flat cap and how we're getting some maneuverability. Ideally, we get rid of Ladd, Hickey and Leo - duh. No one is lining up to take them off of our hands in this flat cap world. Maybe you offload one or even two by sending picks and prospects out with them. Fine. But to get space to maneuver over the next few years, I fear that someone really good will have to go. After those first three, many would want to see Ebs go. I would rather he go than Pulock, myself. But, again, is the market for Ebs good enough?

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
Agreed about Pulock, he is a UFA after next season. We need him for a deep playoff run next year. We will have a better idea come TDL to see how the Isles look. I am not expecting a decline. This team's core has proven to be one the best 4 teams in the NHL 2 years running. However, if we do stumble, Pulock would fetch some big assets, he would be a much valued commodity TDL.

I agree that the deadline would be the better time, but getting right with the cap needs to happen well before then. Trading Pulock is not what you or I want to do as it opens up a huge hole, sure. But something needs to give.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I can't see any way Pulock is moved, simply because he fits so well with Pelech.

It would be one thing to move Pulock if he didn't have a partner as such a natural fit, but having a top pairing you can count on is worth its weight in gold.

Bolduc would also be the last future I would think about moving. I would move any draft pick or other prospect in the pipeline first, even if it takes multiple pieces to offset losing Bolduc.

Bolduc and Salo should battle it out in camp as the LHD3, alongside a veteran brought in for depth and competition, signed on the cheap. Let the best player win.

Worst case, one of the kids is the first callup in case of injury.

It is great that the Isles RHD depth is solid in Pulock, Dobson and Mayfield at the NHL level, with Wilde and Hutton in the AHL, but the LHD depth is a bit more precarious at the NHL level now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->