Samu Perhonen VS Tyler Bunz VS Olivier Roy

member 30781

What is the deal with Roy? Has he fell off the map or something? I always thought he was a pretty good goalie.

BLBarmada

What is the deal with Roy? Has he fell off the map or something? I always thought he was a pretty good goalie.

He fell of the face of the earth, ever since the WJCs hes been falling and he still hasn't recovered.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

He's looked pretty solid the last couple development camps and rookie camps the last couple years, but everyone only really looks at what he did on the international stage with everyone watching, and he played rather awful. That being said, it's pretty clear one tourney doesn't make or break a goalie, so we won't know for at least 3-5 more years.

IMO, Perhonen has the best combo of size and raw skill and athleticism, Bunz has the best shot of our prospects to be a starter due to consistency, and Dubnyk will be a starter in the league in a year or less.

We drafted another Finn as well, Tuohima(sp?), who I thought looked very solid at our development camp in the summer. I went to 3 of the days during the week and I thought he was our best goalie there, ahead of Roy and Bunz. That being said, he's nearly 21 years old I believe, so he does have some development time ahead of Bunz.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Roy looked good last night, but I still think he ranks behind the other two in terms of potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad