Player Discussion Samson 65 over/under

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
By my Neanderthal math, Motherf***ing Samson, is on pace for 69 points.

What’s everyone betting for the next 50 or so games.

The under? He falters late in the season and ends up around 55-60.

Or he hits his usual second half bump and closes out closer to ppg?

Too bad we didn’t take Stokes advice and trade him for a second round pick and a no name prospect.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Full disclosure, I’m going with 70 even.

I think the goal scoring picks up and the assists even out, because at some point, they will move him to play with Mitts, once Casey is ready, to create two solid lines at the top.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Once Sam heats up he comes by points very easily. He doesn’t dominate a game but at the end of the night he’s got 1G 1A when he’s feeling it.

Reactions: Paxon

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I’ll go with under. I predict in the 53-63 point range. Which in my book is still a very good season for him.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
He'll hit 70 points barring injury, which, to his credit, he's been able to avoid thus far in his career despite playing in heavy traffic and along the boards. I don't see Pominville or anyone else taking his place on the top line or on PP1 for the remainder of the season.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
58. Which would be a positive sign that he is still progressing and could eventually be a 65 point guy. Which is what I expected after his rookie year as his ceiling from an original 70-80 per.

Right now he is hot as the sun but I expect him to die down just a little. My hope is that he finishes with a total in the high 50s, Botts offers him 5.5 x 8 and counting Sam's recent deal Botts will have secured a RW1 for his 10 years of his prime for 51.3 mil which is a 5.13/10 AAV.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'll take over so I can do many "I told you so" posts. I can also go back thru all these bookmarks I have from older posts to serve crow.

Yes I am petty like that.

Reactions: HeartforReinheart

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
58. Which would be a positive sign that he is still progressing and could eventually be a 65 point guy. Which is what I expected after his rookie year as his ceiling from an original 70-80 per.

Right now he is hot as the sun but I expect him to die down just a little. My hope is that he finishes with a total in the high 50s, Botts offers him 5.5 x 8 and counting Sam's recent deal Botts will have secured a RW1 for his 10 years of his prime for 51.3 mil which is a 5.13/10 AAV.

I don’t think Reinhart has been playing particularly well so far this year, nor has his shooting percentage been above his norm.

I have no idea why Reinhart would do a deal for 5.5 x 8 if he hit even your mark of 57-59 points over the next two years. He just saw Nylander get 7 a year for 6 years, with far less ufa years bought. Let’s say he puts back to back 59 point seasons, is 4 points and similar goal totals worth 1.5 a year? As the cap rises?

This was always the huge risk with a bridge deal, the continued rising of the cap.

Bare minimum he is getting the Nylander deal in two years, if he stays below 65 points. The market says he probably gets more.

If he stays to this pace currently, 70 points or so this year and next, you are looking at Draisatl dollars, if not cap percentage.

It’s pricey to take that bridge deal and remove the doubt about a player.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If he played with Eichel and Skiiner he could do a Point per game going forward.

He should be on another line so this team has balanced scoring but he doesn’t di a Pt per game..instead around half point per game ES then around 15 pts on PP...so 40 over 50.

Last edited:

Onry

Mar 6, 2006
If he p,and eith Euchel and Skiiner he could di a OT per game going forward.

He should be on another line so thus team has balanced scoring but he doesn’t di a OT per game..instead around half point per game ES then around 15 pts on PP

In English?

Reactions: ZZamboni

Gordo21

Feb 9, 2017
For a guy who may have been unlucky in the beginning of the season, I've never seen so many lucky goals of late.

He has made a couple sweet assists though that had nothing to do with luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad