Signing(s): Sammy Watkins signs with the Ravens (1 year, $6 million)

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Chiefs take another hit.

The Buccaneers have been bringing the whole gang back, and the Chiefs have been losing players.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Crazy to think I ever wanted him over Mike Evans on draft day.

#TheseAreTheBlunders #AnotherSteamingHotTake #LolAtThisGuysTalentEvaluation

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
not a great signing by any means, but he's still better than anything the ravens have had at WR since steve smith. by far the best WR lamar will have played withg

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
He didn't set the world on fire with Mahomes, I can't see him doing a ton with a much weaker passer in Lamar
deep threats seem to work better with Lamar than slot receivers though, TE takes all those type of passes
It could work, Chiefs just had a comparable with Hardman, and then a super Saiyan Watkins with Tyreke

Reactions: Club

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Watkins has made a career of running routes so that other wr’s could get space and catches. Not nearly as good as Evans, for sure, but his stats never do his play justice.

So he is a decoy?

Him running routes to get other guys open won't help much if Lamar can't get any of the other scrub receivers the ball or is Lamar doesn't look to anyone besides Andrews

Maybe he has just made a career of not being as good as the other guys on his team, or not getting open enough for his Qb's to throw to him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
So he is a decoy?

Him running routes to get other guys open won't help much if Lamar can't get any of the other scrub receivers the ball or is Lamar doesn't look to anyone besides Andrews

Maybe he has just made a career of not being as good as the other guys on his team, or not getting open enough for his Qb's to throw to him.
Or he’s made a career of dragging at least 1 of the safeties with him deep so that there are mismatches elsewhere.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So he is a decoy?

You've got absolutely no idea as to what you're talking about. Sammy Watkins is/was a superb player.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
You've got absolutely no idea as to what you're talking about. Sammy Watkins is/was a superb player.

Eh if he was superb you would think he would have at least been an All-Pro once or a Probowl or two, He is an average to slightly above average starter, I don't think he has ever been in the top 10 receivers during his career

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
How do you value a player? By how he helps his team win, right?

There’s a lot more to helping a team win than simply being the guy who catches the ball. Justin Smith was a great Dlineman not because of his individual stats, but because he usually forced 2 Olineman to guard him making the game 10-9 for the defense.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Smith was also still productive statistically and was a multi time pro bowler and all pro. DL and WR are very different roles, it's fine, I want a WR who makes plays and produces yards and td's, you and I see Watkins differently, I feel he is pretty good and you feel he is very good, we will just have to agree to disagree on that.

Statistically I don't see him being a big hit with Lamar, due to Lamar's weaknesses, but who knows, maybe he goes out and tears it up and turns Lamar into a great passer, we will just have to wait and see

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad