GDT: "Samkow Memorial Game Day Thread" | Game 8 | Columbus vs. Arizona | 10/23 7PM

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Poor rush defense. CBJ not skating. They seem to think just walking on the i e is enough. We've heard "arrogant" tossed around several times already this season. Cbj wildly inconsistent this season so far. Each game never show what team will show

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
You guys are funny, and since I know how this board works it’s either you’re not a Bob fanboy or want him gone, so whatever. But I would like to know what exactly he could have done differently on either goal.

No, he’s not playing his best, or even well. Throwing away our franchises best player over a handful of bad games, is kind of a stretch. IMO

Mine was just a thought. His contract negotiations aren't (evidently) going well. He's not playing well independent of whether this goal or that goal wasn't his fault.

Seems like the writing is on the wall. If he were playing lights out that would make it difficult. But he's not.

Reactions: CPTN71

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
The power play zone entry is so dumb. We are so stubborn trying to make that long pass backwards work. It’s like Torts watched a YouTube video of it one day from a peewee team and is damned if he doesn’t get that to work once.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Nationwide a morgue. Are they doing SAT testing there tonight in tandem with the game?
What do they cheer for? CBJ falling apart bit by bit. Now PP falling apart; turnovers out the wazoo, poor shot choices and quality... Mental fragility on display

Reactions: CPTN71

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
What do they cheer for? CBJ falling apart bit by bit. Now PP falling apart; turnovers out the wazoo, poor shot choices and quality... Mental fragility on display

Again, this is not about the fans. It’s about the library of an atmosphere the game day ops crew passes off as a professional sporting event. Home ice is supposed to be an advantage for the home team.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Again, this is not about the fans. It’s about the library of an atmosphere the game day ops crew passes off as a professional sporting event. Home ice is supposed to be an advantage for the home team.
Perhaps we should all start tweeting or emailing the person responsible for the game ops ?

pled

Sep 7, 2009
lets trade bob to carolina for mcbackup

Last edited:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Only positive thing I’ve seen is Arizona’s power play seems about as bad as ours.. sloppy and slow.. :laugh:

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Misread you, my bad. I'd also posit that the team needs to do its part too. You could have a 21 gun salute with fireworks and a laser show for every power play, but if the PP is shit on ice it's pretty hard to get excited for no matter what pizazz game ops can come up with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad