GDT: "Samkow Memorial Game Day Thread" | Game 8 | Columbus vs. Arizona | 10/23 7PM

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Does anyone have lines/pairs? All the usual suspects (Hedger, Portzline) haven’t delivered.
Seems to be:
Panarin-Dubois-Atkinson
Foligno-Wennberg-Duclair
Milano-Jenner-Anderson
Sedlak-Nash-Bjorkstrand

Werenski-Jones
Murray-Nutivaara
Kukan-Savard

Reactions: caley

Zarathustra

This is not my hat.
Nov 21, 2007
Salzburg
Dman always focus on taking away the passing lane. The goalie is supposed to worry about the player with the puck, it's the dmans responsibility to take away his outlets.

I realize that. But there was a low guy and a high guy who could have received a pass and it looked like Nuti tried to cover the high guy while the low one is the one who got it.

It also looked like it put a lot of hustle in, to even be able to do that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I realize that. But there was a low guy and a high guy who could have received a pass and it looked like Nuti tried to cover the high guy while the low one is the one who got it.
As a goalie, ten times out of ten I want you to take away the backdoor option. It's a lot easier to track and move to the high slot than it is backdoor.

Nuttis mistake is he started thinking instead of just reacting. He had the ability to stop it but like you said he made the wrong choice. I'm sure he learned his lesson.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Players should not be getting solid sticks on puck in that area of the ice. CBJ slowing and playing poorer as game goes on

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yes it’s a Tuesday night game vs Arizona. Yes it’s still OSU football season. But this crowd is still even worse than I would expect. Dead silent. Dead team.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Nash gets kicked from draws quite a bit. Hope that's not going to be his CBJ claim to fame

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It may be time to unload Bob. Not happy. Not playing well. (Probably) Not going to sign a CBJ contract.

Other than that, all is well.

Reactions: CPTN71

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
You guys are funny, and since I know how this board works it’s either you’re a Bob fanboy or want him gone, so whatever. But I would like to know what exactly he could have done differently on either goal.

No, he’s not playing his best, or even well. Throwing away our franchises best player over a handful of bad games, is kind of a stretch. IMO

Last edited:
Reactions: major major

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad