Confirmed with Link: Sami Vatanen (@50%) for Kuokkanen, Claeson and a Conditional 3rd/4th

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Finn guy has coffee, doesn't talk.

I say this one is
71%2BxCbwYebL._AC_SX466_.jpg

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
It's also the perfect trial run for him and we can put the feelers out for a possible extension if we so choose. That could free us up to pursue the Gardiner trade we've all heard about at various times.

My sense is Brady Skjei is the guy we got that allows us to explore Gardiner options. I think we'll talk extension w/Vatanen only after we understand what Dougie's ask is.

AeroFishOne

The Curriest of the Curry’s
Feb 5, 2010
My sense is Brady Skjei is the guy we got that allows us to explore Gardiner options. I think we'll talk extension w/Vatanen only after we understand what Dougie's ask is.
All this makes me think that a signing will happen with Dougie sooner rather than later. If later I imagine not at all.

Last edited:

paragon

May 5, 2010
I feel bad for Fleury. And Bean.

Conditional pick for Vatanen though. Crazy day. I don't think it's the right time to be all in but it's nice at all.
I disagree. I think it's always best to go all-in when you have an impact player like Svechnikov playing on ELC.

Reactions: cptjeff

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
All this makes me think that a significant g will happen with Dougie sooner rather than later. If later I imagine not at all.
Dougie seems to be very happy here, there has already been word that he's hoping to stay, and I'm sure the Borg will be able to work something fair out. Just gotta wait until July 1st- which means that if you're going to wait on Hamilton to get a deal with Vatanen, you have to do it all in the one week negotiation period. Not sure that's a good idea. I think you just have to get a deal done with Vatanen if you can and leave margin for Hamilton.

Reactions: FreshSeabass

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Pretty unrealistic though. Third pairing of two legit top 4 guys making +4 M? Won't happen for sure.
If we’re going for a cup, why not? Maybe unsustainable over time, but if we had that lineup and the right goalie we’d be competitive for a run. We don’t know that Dougie is staying, next year might be the right combination with most guys right in their primes. Sign Vatanen, find a goalie and we’re close right there.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
After giving up forwards Wallmark, Luostarinen, Haula and Gauthier I thought wow nice job, this creates room for under the radar forward Kuokkanen who is mainly ready today.

Then he gets traded. Not the most happy about this as Kuokkanen leaves the Canes system but at least he'll get an opportunity in Jersey.

Although kudos on Canes management developing him properly. :handclap:

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Devils seem to be into Kuokster:

"We wouldn't have done it if he wasn't included," said Devils Interim General Manager Tom Fitzgerald.

[Kuokkanen is] that second-round value we felt we needed to come back in this trade, with experience though, it's not like it's a pick."
In Ftizgerald's mind, getting Kuokkanen back is like adding a second-round prospect.

"Well, you know the deal for Janne, we know exactly what he is and we believe he's an undervalued player, who was playing in a really good organization and hasn't been given an opportunity," said Fitzgerald. "We feel that in this organization, with us, he'll be able to have that opportunity. Whether it's sooner rather or it's later [remains to be seen] but we feel with a true opportunity, he'll be able to become a top-three line player for us."

FEATURE: Kuokkanen was Key Piece of Deadline Day

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013

“Top 3 line player”-I’d agree with that. I think he might end up a complimentary scorer. A guy who can put up 30-35pts and play on a PP unit. To me, he doesn’t have really any standout qualities, but he always seemed like a steady player. I have my doubts about him long term, but if makes it, good on him.

Reactions: cptjeff and Lempo

Daeavorn

livin' that no caps life
Oct 8, 2019
Raleigh, NC
The only question I have, is the first syllable Vah or VAT. It seems from Lempos explanation that it should be Vah-Tah-Nen but I could be wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->