Confirmed with Link: Sami Vatanen (@50%) for Kuokkanen, Claeson and a Conditional 3rd/4th

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
I feel bad for Fleury. And Bean.

Conditional pick for Vatanen though. Crazy day. I don't think it's the right time to be all in but it's nice at all.

Reactions: zman77

w e l o s t b o y s

Drawing Frog 8
Nov 21, 2009
London
so we give up a 2nd and Kuokkanen for an injured Vatanen and Calgary gets Gustafsson for a 3rd
3 garbage deals, basically the opposite of what I wanted

Reactions: Canes

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Now Twitter is saying the Vatanen deal is just Kuokkanen + 4th round pick (that can become a 3rd). Even better

Reactions: WreckingCrew

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
SAMI VATANEN--Defense shoots Right Shot-Plays Left D
Born Jun 3 1991 -- Jyvaskyla, Finland ,[28 yrs. ago]
Height 5.10 -- Weight 185 [178 cm/84 kg]

SCOUTING REPORT
Owns excellent offensive ability, solid puck-moving skills and plenty of hockey sense. Is capable of running a power play and also owns a very accurate point shot. Is somewhat undersized for the North American pro game, so he needs to add bulk and get stronger physically in order to maximize output and avoid long-term injury.
As previously mentioned Vatanen is a workhorse on defence. He will fit into any team’s top four right away and make an impact. Vatanen can match up well against the opposition’s top line. Not to mention his ability to carry the puck out of his own defensive zone to start the rush. He is also good on the power-play. He is the ideal defenceman quarterbacking the power play. In his career of the 45 goals he has scored, 21 came on the powerplay. That is nearly half. Of his 149 career assists, he has recorded 65 of them on the power-play He will boost the power play immediately.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Cap Hit: $2,437,500

2019-20$4,875,000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad