Sami Lepisto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Looks like he's off to a good start in Finland's mens league. 10 points in 19 games as a dman, with a +10 +/-. Not too shabby. If I'm not mistaken, he was a little older than most of the 04 class. Anyways, looks like he could be another solid pick for Washington. Thoughts?

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
J17ster said:
Only reason that he was not taken higher was because of his age. Solid pick for Washington.

Actually... His size was probably the biggest reason.

Having met the guy he's barely 6 foot (if that...) and more like a buck 85 wet.

He's really small. Not that it's going to kill his potential completely, he is going to need to continue to get stronger if he'll have a chance to make the NHL.

He definitely needs to add some muscle to come over.

2-3 year project at minimum.

MePutPuckInNet

Jan 1, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
There's so many things I like about the way this guy plays, I wouldn't know where to start. I saw him last year and in my opinion, he was Finland's most dangerous player...with and without the puck.

An overheard conversation by some of the Team USA boys:

Player A: "get sammi Le pistol away from me".

Player B: "Man, I'm trying, but that mother****** keeps slipping through us and I can't see the skinny little guy".

Player A: "that's what you said 10 minutes ago, can't you curl around and trip him up or something??"

Player B: "oh sure, ****wad, let ME take the penalty, you bast***."

anyway, point being.....they thought rather highly of him.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Chimaera said:
Actually... His size was probably the biggest reason.

Having met the guy he's barely 6 foot (if that...) and more like a buck 85 wet.

He's really small. Not that it's going to kill his potential completely, he is going to need to continue to get stronger if he'll have a chance to make the NHL.

He definitely needs to add some muscle to come over.

Small? He's listed at 183 cm (about 6 feet) and on the Jokerit team photo, he's standong almost next to Valtteri Filppula, who's listed at 182 cm, and Lepistö looks atleast an inch taller than Filppula. It was easy to tell because they both had almost shaven heads because of military service. But you're right, he still needs to add muscle, which he'll have time to do when his service ends after new year.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Jussi said:
Small? He's listed at 183 cm (about 6 feet) and on the Jokerit team photo, he's standong almost next to Valtteri Filppula, who's listed at 182 cm, and Lepistö looks atleast an inch taller than Filppula. It was easy to tell because they both had almost shaven heads because of military service. But you're right, he still needs to add muscle, which he'll have time to do when his service ends after new year.

I'm barely 6 foot... and he was about my height when I met him after the draft.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Chimaera said:
I'm barely 6 foot... and he was about my height when I met him after the draft.

That still doesn't make him "really small". Rafalski and Timonen are shorter than Lepistö and it hasn't hindered their NHL careers.

Sammy*

Jussi said:
That still doesn't make him "really small". Rafalski and Timonen are shorter than Lepistö and it hasn't hindered their NHL careers.
I love it when guys pull out the exception to the rule to trry & prove a point.
For every Rafalski or Timonen , theres 100 guys who size does hurt.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Don't get me wrong. I hope he makes it. He was a nice guy, well spoken, and seems like he could succeed.

But for every Rafalski there's plenty of people who never make it.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Chimaera said:
Don't get me wrong. I hope he makes it. He was a nice guy, well spoken, and seems like he could succeed.

But for every Rafalski there's plenty of people who never make it.

Size isn't everything. Unlike Rafalski he was drafted (3rd round). Its not really a question of hoping he makes as he should. He is a good prospect and shouldn't be compared to Rafalski's situation when he was younger.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Chimaera said:
I think the reason he was drafted was so that he could come over ASAP and let other Wahington prospects develop longer. The Minnesotta approach.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Moskau said:
I think the reason he was drafted was so that he could come over ASAP and let other Wahington prospects develop longer. The Minnesotta approach.

I think the Caps knew that it'd take a couple of season's in Finland for him to develope and bulk up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad