Same ****. Different day. Oilers lose 3-2.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
2n04j1w.gif

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
So I thought hall was supposed to be this stud game changer?

All I see is a stat padder fighting with his teammates.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Amen. If only we traded him for a top 4 Dman and a decent goalie. We'd probably be have a winning record right now. But yeah, I'm just SO glad we kept him... Dammit. MacT, what were you thinking?

He led the team in goals last year and led all rookies in scoring? You seriously think he was going to be dealt? Get real.

Blaming this all on Yakupov is just stupid. He's not playing well, but RNH is playing even worse and Yak is not the reason why three Islander players got point blank shots open in the slot that killed us.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Pains me to say this, but Nuge was our worst forward out there tonight. And it wasn't even close. He looks bagged and weak. Looks like it's going to take him a lot longer to get into game shape that I thought.

And for the ones that wanted Yak in there so badly, other than a couple shots, he did zip. If the puck is not around him, he stops skating and watches, only this time he gets a better seat to see the play than than being in the press box. The guy needs to buy into this team, the quicker the better.

Belov was really weak in his own end.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Special teams obviously an issue right now... Eakins' "top forward" PK system sinking quickly.

He also did nothing to try and get the RNH line away from Tavares.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
This is where MacT's "I'm an impatient guy" quote really becomes prevalent. Can he honestly just watch his team become basically eliminated in October?

Making a panicky trade in a moment of weakness is a recipe for disaster.

Let this team work on their issues. It's not like they're getting blown out and never in these games.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I have no time for a player that is unwilling to battle for the puck.

This. Yakupov just sits there and expects the other players on his line to get the puck. It's frustrating to say the least

Mr Forever

The Oilers :(
Nov 18, 2010
COLLEGE
IDK if you can trade all of the kids for a Nash type return where you guys Dubinskys and Anisimovs and trade prospects for a goalie you should just do it. Pick one of the kids and trade the rest, they won't win together.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Dubnyk was solid tonight. That is the kind of goaltending we've needed. Too bad the rest of the team let him down this time. Soft and brutal in front of him.

Not sure what happened to our PK, but wow, has it gone backwards since last year.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Yak is painful to watch. Absolutely ****in clueless. What do they do with him?

move him to his natural handed wing where the boards can be an ally and he will get more touches, and longer touches to hopefully get him out of this funk.

I said it before...he has to be on the LW to get him out of this. He is too much of a liability...and not finding open space 5 on 5 enough to put him on his wrong wing

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Are you? Yakupov is struggling right now for sure, but tonight made a few great defensive plays and threw a couple hits.

Oh, big deal. Come on, man!
He should've been traded for a goalie and defenseman in the off season.

My entire point on Yak: WE DON'T NEED HIM. Holy hell, we are full of scoring wingers. We need more NHL calibre centres, defenseman, goalies. The LAST thing we needed was to keep Yak. Just terrible asset management. He adds NOTHING to this team. NOTHING. :help:

Pablo Aimar

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
At what point is this "rebuild" officially a failure?
Out of all the supposed elite talent on this team Hall is the only one that consistently fits the bill:
RNH looks like a David Legwand clone.
Eberle is a soft secondary scorer.
Yakupov looks like he started playing hockey last week.
Justin Schultz is ****ing garbage.
At least Perron looks good.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Eakins is absolutely bombing in his debut as coach here, the signs that Eakins was just an overhyped Toronto media fabrication are really starting to show.

Everyone on the team looks significantly worse, and some of the younger players now look outright dispirited, the team is astonishingly less aggressive than it was under Kreuger, special teams which were a bright spot are now horribly run and ineffective. If rumors that the team has already quit on the coach started coming out in the next few weeks, it would be completely believable with the way these guys are playing.

This team seriously looks like it is playing out the string games at the end of another non-playoff year, not games being played in early Oct.

hmminvisiblecola1279

there are kids in it
Jul 9, 2002
no thanks
Visit site
If there is any truth that Hall was yelling at Yakupov I seriously wonder about the chemistry of this team. Right now I don't see a team trying everything to get out of this slump and frankly watching Eakins stone faced behind the bench isn't exactly giving me any faith. I don't know guys, just fed up with an organization that seems to care more about making money and Katz having his buddies around than truly trying to build a championship team. Plain and simple the team needs a complete overhaul of the front office including the pro scouting staff.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Dubnyk was solid tonight. That is the kind of goaltending we've needed. Too bad the rest of the team let him down this time. Soft and brutal in front of him.

Not sure what happened to our PK, but wow, has it gone backwards since last year.

MacTavish got rid of all the penalty killers.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Oh, big deal. Come on, man!
He should've been traded for a goalie and defenseman in the off season.

My entire point on Yak: WE DON'T NEED HIM. Holy hell, we are full of scoring wingers. We need more NHL calibre centres, defenseman, goalies. The LAST thing we needed was to keep Yak. Just terrible asset management. He adds NOTHING to this team. NOTHING. :help:

He led the team in goals last year playing most of the season with Belanger. They weren't going to trade him unless like Tavares/Stamkos/Subban were inexplicably offered or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->