Tribute In Memoriam: Sam Spade

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
RIP to one of the most likeable posters on this board although we often were of different opinions on players and stuff but she was always respectful, calm and articulate in terms of delivering her thoughts to the person she was talking to. A quality you meet not as often as you'd want to in our world. Condolences to her family and friends.

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Very sad and awful news. She was a very insightful poster, lover of hockey and humor, and supportive member of this community - one of the people that really contributed to making this a worthwhile forum to participate in and return to. My condolences to her family and friends.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
246-2467839_cries-sticker-lying-down-crying-meme.png

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't feel like my previous comment expressed enough about this.

SS was a great member of this board and I'm sure a great human. We had some offline conversations and realized we were both on the same private boards a few years back. I know everyone who migrated to that board did so out of extreme passion for hockey and specifically the Capitals, so there is no question in my mind that SS had uncommon dedication to this Team we love so much, and eventually these boards & communities we all depend on and cherish. The fact that she volunteered to help moderate and maintain them while seriously ill, and continued to do so valiantly without so much as a word of complaint, is testament to her character and heart.

May she find peace and look down upon all of us knowing how much we appreciated her.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Shocked and deeply saddened by this news. Though I never met her I am reading these posts and writing this one with tears in my eyes. What an awful, crappy year this has been.
I am so glad she got to see our team win a Cup. It was clear from her posts just how much it meant to her and how big a fan she was.

RIP Sam Spade, and condolences to your family, friends, loved ones. This board won't be the same without you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->