Confirmed with Link: Sam Rosen to the HHOF

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Love Sam and major kudos to him for making the HHOF!!.

Other than Jim Gordon who alot of y'all don't remember cause your not old enough, Sam is the best PBP voice Rangers have ever had...period end of story!.

Reactions: NCRanger

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Love Sam and major kudos to him for making the HHOF!!.

Other than Jim Gordon who alot of y'all don't remember cause your not old enough, Sam is the best PBP voice Rangers have ever had...period end of story!.
Sam took over for Gordon too.

Sam’s first full time year was 1984-85.

Reactions: Maximus

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Sam took over for Gordon too.

Sam’s first full time year was 1984-85.

Yup he did. It's like goaltending for us when it comes to PBP announcers. Just like we had Hank for 15 years and the torch has been passed too Igor who if things go according too plan should be a Vezina contender for the next decade same with Gordon who had a good 15 years doing Ranger games passing the torch to Rosen back in '84.

We've been very fortunate as both Gordon and Chadwick followed by Sam and JD and now Michelleti have been excellent tandems. Anyways, well deserved honor for Rosen who lives in New City,NY which is where I lived till I moved too where I am now 45 minutes north of Philly. I used too see him at times at the local grocery store and say hi too him. Very nice guy and the HOF couldn't happen too a better person.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
This thread is now unintentionally hilarious. Thank you @Leetch3 for this.

Happy birthday to Sam in 2020. Belated congrats on making the Hockey Hall of Fame back in 2016...

Too funny. Honestly, I wasn't aware Sam got in already. Somehow along the way I must have missed it...oh well...silly me!...lol

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Yup he did. It's like goaltending for us when it comes to PBP announcers. Just like we had Hank for 15 years and the torch has been passed too Igor who if things go according too plan should be a Vezina contender for the next decade same with Gordon who had a good 15 years doing Ranger games passing the torch to Rosen back in '84.

We've been very fortunate as both Gordon and Chadwick followed by Sam and JD and now Michelleti have been excellent tandems. Anyways, well deserved honor for Rosen who lives in New City,NY which is where I lived till I moved too where I am now 45 minutes north of Philly. I used too see him at times at the local grocery store and say hi too him. Very nice guy and the HOF couldn't happen too a better person.

Sam & Phil Esposito had a brief 2 year run that followed Gordon & the Big Whistle. Espo took over in 81 or 82 for Chadwick, worked with Gordon til Sam got the full time gig. I liked Espo the broadcaster a hell of lot more than I liked Espo the GM.

JD getting the gig when Espo moved into the front office was a the gift that kept on giving for Ranger fans. Now he comes back & brings Panarin with him, along with a 2OA & a 1OA. OH BABY! Give this man a lifetime contract.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
We've been listening to Sam for so long. He's part of the Ranger fabric. He's like family... your favorite uncle.

However, in recent years, I've found the Ranger broadcast to be at times almost nauseating. As good as they are, Sam and Joe will not stop praising the Rangers effusively. As a Ranger fan, I'd appreciate some constructive criticism now and then. I don't need to hear incessant hype. I'm already there. I don't need a sales pitch to watch the game.

Gary Cohen, Keith & Ron of the Mets do it best. You know they are dying for the Mets to do well, but they will critique the team when it fails.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
We've been listening to Sam for so long. He's part of the Ranger fabric. He's like family... your favorite uncle.

However, in recent years, I've found the Ranger broadcast to be at times almost nauseating. As good as they are, Sam and Joe will not stop praising the Rangers effusively. As a Ranger fan, I'd appreciate some constructive criticism now and then. I don't need to hear incessant hype. I'm already there. I don't need a sales pitch to watch the game.

Gary Cohen, Keith & Ron of the Mets do it best. You know they are dying for the Mets to do well, but they will critique the team when it fails.
Sam & JD were similar during the golden age of the '90s broadcasts, but you could tell right around the turn of the millennium they were asked to turn up the homerism. Reeks of Dolan.

Jxmarts

Sep 8, 2008
Sam & JD were similar during the golden age of the '90s broadcasts, but you could tell right around the turn of the millennium they were asked to turn up the homerism. Reeks of Dolan.

This is true.

The difference is that Sam & JD would wholeheartedly defend the coach & management. So if a player was in the coach's doghouse (except perhaps ironically for Keenan's), you would get some critique on that player. But conversely, if the coach was behind a player, they would never criticism him. These days, you only get the hype.

You're so right... It "Reeks of Dolan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad