Confirmed with Link: Sam Rosen to the HHOF

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Love Sam!! But... It's time for Kenny to step in.. Move sam to pre and post game.

when Sam retires, he should retire indefinitely. No Post Game or anything for him, unless he wants to do interviews, which is possible. Then again, the guy is in his mid 70's. He's gotta retire eventually.

Kenny though, he should be seriously considered. Michelleti has a different kind of Chemistry with Kenny, which is very different, and would be very welcomed compared to the duo that we have now.

Reactions: romba

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Was about to post this.

Worked with him a few times... Class act all the way. Just as genuine off camera as on.

Congrats to a living legend. Well done Sam... Extremely well deserved.

Have heard this as well. I'd love to meet him eventually.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
when Sam retires, he should retire indefinitely. No Post Game or anything for him, unless he wants to do interviews, which is possible. Then again, the guy is in his mid 70's. He's gotta retire eventually.

Kenny though, he should be seriously considered. Michelleti has a different kind of Chemistry with Kenny, which is very different, and would be very welcomed compared to the duo that we have now.

Sam is 68.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Well-deserved. Sam is one of the best and it starts with the basics, like being able to identify all the players.

I remember meeting him years ago on an Ottawa street, with some other Ranger fans who came from different provinces and states to meet up and catch the game. Sam said he'd give us a shout out on the air - and he did!

Howie Rose needs to be inducted too!

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006

I'd prefer Howie to be honest but I think he is too close to age in Sam at this point, when Sam retires they will likely go to Kenny.

Nothing against Kenny but his voice just doesn't do it for me. I don't dislike him, but I like Howie a lot. When the Isles had Howie and Billy Jaffe, that was the best announcing crew in the league IMO.

Reactions: will1066

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX
Sam and Joe are great guys off air. Every year when the Rangers are in Dallas I always go to their broadcast location which is accessible to the fans between periods and visit and get pictures. Real nice and accommodating.

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Sam and Joe are great guys off air. Every year when the Rangers are in Dallas I always go to their broadcast location which is accessible to the fans between periods and visit and get pictures. Real nice and accommodating.

They’re great guys on the air too.

It takes 30 seconds of listening to other broadcast crews to realize Sam and Joe are among the best in the business.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
Sam is insanely nice. I've run into him a few times in Rockland. He dropped a mention of our high school team during a Rangers broadcast in the 2000s when we were competing for the State title, after we chatted for a few minutes on election day. Super nice, generous, and no ego.

Last edited:

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Sam is actually a year younger than Emrick.

In recent years, Sam and Joe unfortunately are starting to act like those other broadcasters talking about unnecessary garbage during the play. One of the things that made the MSG broadcast superior (Rangers and Knicks) was the focus on the actual game, rather than the peripheral promotion and the homerism. That really isn't the case any more.

Mike in Houston

Apr 20, 2015
Houston, TX

In recent years, Sam and Joe unfortunately are starting to act like those other broadcasters talking about unnecessary garbage during the play. One of the things that made the MSG broadcast superior (Rangers and Knicks) was the focus on the actual game, rather than the peripheral promotion and the homerism. That really isn't the case any more.

I'm sure they're just following instructions. Listen to Sam do a game on radio for Westwood One and Joe for NBC. Night and day difference.

Reactions: NCRanger

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Sam is insanely nice. I've run into him a few times in Rockland. He dropped a mention of our high school team during a Rangers broadcast in the 2000s when we were competing for the State title, after we chatted for a few minutes on election day. Super nice, generous, and no ego.

I’ve seen him at the driving range a bunch of times. Always takes his grandson. Everyone says hello but usually lets him be cause he’s with the kid. But he’s such a nice dude.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013

I can tell you with certainty it's not their choice to talk about unnecessary garbage, they're prompted to.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Only voice of the Rangers that I've ever known.

Know that he won't be doing this for much longer so I'll enjoy him while he's here even if he messes up the occasional (okay, more than occasional) name and always calls Tyler Bozak, Ryan Bozak.

Reactions: RangersFan1994

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
My friends and I ran into Sam once or twice in MSG before the renovations walking around the upper bowl. Nicest guy in the world.

Compare that experience to when I went up to Toronto with three friends to see the Leafs vs. Rangers, got a backstage tour of the arena including the home and visitors' lockerrooms (our friend worked event staff at Scotiabank) and Glen Sather walked right by four fans wearing Rangers jerseys in a fairly empty private concourse in Scotiabank Centre and looked right down at his feet so he wouldn't have to acknowledge our existence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad