Confirmed with Link: Sam Rosen to the HHOF

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Congrats Sam!

Looks like he's the one who just scored a Power Play Goal!

indianaball.gif

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Congrats to Sam!!

Not looking forward to the day when someone else becomes the announcer. Games just won't sound the same.

This, for me he only ones I don't "mind" lol are Sam and JD. It's just a massive flow of clichés. JD was probably the same but I was used to him...

Killem Dafoe

Hold my baby, man.
Jun 19, 2010
Land of Corn
Congrats to one of the best in the business. The only person on the planet who is able to make me stand, throw my arms up and cheer just by raising his voice.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Congrats to one of the best in the business. The only person on the planet who is able to make me stand, throw my arms up and cheer just by raising his voice.

You're saying I CAN'T do that? Have you not seen THIS FONT? :sarcasm:

Started watching Sam when game intros looked like this:

bubba5

Aug 2, 2005
Congrats to Sam..Class act.

Great MSG intro, bring back some good memories!

East Coast Bias

Feb 28, 2014
NYC
Well deserved. A friend of mine's family owned a restaurant he used to frequent - absolutely great guy. Always willing to chat sports with other patrons, never looked bothered.

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
Congrats to Sam - he's had a great career.

Truth be told though it would be nice for MSG to start transitioning in Kenny to work with Joe. Kenny and Joe are the 2nd team for the nationally televised games and do a great job. Kenny is the most likely replacement for the great Emerick when he retires so it would be fitting and deserving for Kenny to be on TV with Joe for at least some MSG games.

alkurtz

Nov 26, 2006
Charlotte, NC
There always comes a day during the dog days of July and August when I absolutely crave hearing Sam's voice.

An absolute master at play-by-play with a perfect New York voice.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
And his hair.

Do you mean the dead animals sacrificed to make his hair?

Congrats Sam, He and JD were simply the best announcing team in sports for a good long time. For the longest the Rangers had amazing announcing. When I saw my first Rangers game it was Gordon and Chadwick, 2 of the most entertaining people I ever listened to and then eventually it went from Sam/Phil to Sam/JD. Rangers fans were truly lucky.

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Do you mean the dead animals sacrificed to make his hair?

Congrats Sam, He and JD were simply the best announcing team in sports for a good long time. For the longest the Rangers had amazing announcing. When I saw my first Rangers game it was Gordon and Chadwick, 2 of the most entertaining people I ever listened to and then eventually it went from Sam/Phil to Sam/JD. Rangers fans were truly lucky.

Throw in Sal "Red Light" Messina, Marv & Kenny Albert, Dave M. & Howie Rose on the radio. Rangers have had some amazing announcers over the years. No disrespect to Joe, but he doesn't quite match the highest of high standards, in my opinion.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
"This one will last a lifetime!"

:cheers:

Couldn't have happened to a better guy....

Congrats Sam on a well-deserved honor....

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Really happy for Sam! He's the voice of my entire time watching the Rangers. Hearing his voice is like hearing an old friend at this point. He's so incredible at his job and has kept countless Ranger fans company for so many years!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad