Sam Reinhart

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
If we are trading Nyquist, whomever at this point, and not for pick, it makes more sense to chase defensmen, prospect defensmen. We have options at C and we have prospects at C. Short any options for D, yeah, if we're not giving up a first, it doesn't hurt to get him. And who knows? He might just get better.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yes, closed minded for a few very good reasons:
  1. No one signs players to offer sheets. It's extremely rare.
  2. Ken Holland would never do such a thing. He didn't try to sign Shea Weber to an offer sheet, he tried to trade for him.
  3. We would lose what is likely to be the best odds to draft the top pick in the 2019 draft.
  4. We'd also lose 2nd and 3rd round picks which would be beneficial in building out our team as we try to rebuild.

This is simply a bad idea. We are a very, very bad franchise right now. What we need is cheap, young elite talent. Reinhart is not cheap and the cost to acquire him would be steep.
I never suggested offer sheeting Reinhart.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
None of those 3 are proven legit Centers in the NHL 2/3 never even played an NHL game. Reinhart would instantly improve our offence. Make sense now?

Reinhart isn’t a proven legit nhl center either at this point; he’s been a winger in the nhl.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
For sure, I think if we're going to give up assets to go after somebody to play center I'd want more of a pure centerman with better faceoff numbers.

Get that Center from 2019 draft.

If we are trading Nyquist, whomever at this point, and not for pick, it makes more sense to chase defensmen, prospect defensmen. We have options at C and we have prospects at C. Short any options for D, yeah, if we're not giving up a first, it doesn't hurt to get him. And who knows? He might just get better.

Yeah. Get a defenceman with trading from forward surplus.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Exactly we have an OVER 80% chance we ARENT getting Hughes. Yet everyone is so closed minded to even considering acquiring a 22 yr old right handed C that scored more goals than anyone on our entire team.....

You do realize there's 2-3 other elite center prospects in next year's draft, right?

... Nah, you don't.

By the way, Reinhart can't score for shit 5 on 5. :laugh:

Reactions: Run the Jewels

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
You do realize there's 2-3 other elite center prospects in next year's draft, right?

... Nah, you don't.

By the way, Reinhart can't score for **** 5 on 5. :laugh:
Yep, I'd rather have an elite center on an ELC who pushes Larkin, Veleno and Rasmussen down at no cost - other than certain people's pride :naughty:. I don't want to overpay for a guy who is going to cost an arm and leg from the drop. Hard pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad