Sam Reinhart

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
No rumors, no leades, just a discussion thread.

Reinhart and Buffalo haven't really come to terms though I'm not sure either side is too worried at this point. He is a RFA though and can receive offers. If he does sign an offer sheet I think teams have to give up picks or something accordingly(not sure maybe a poster can help me out here and explain.) Still...

Would it be smart for the Red Wings to move some cap(Nyquist/Glendenning/*possibly more) and give Reinhart an offer-sheet equal to maybe what we just gave Dylan Larkin? It'd make the center position stable with Larkin/Reinhart/Nielsen up the middle and he's really young like Larkin, 22 or 23, he'd be here for the long haul if Buffalo didn't match and we got him long-term.(*5 years) Red Wings would have a nice collection of young forwards for the future. ( Larkin/Reinhart/Mantha/Zadina/Rasmussen/Bertuzzi/AA ) Doesn't start to look too shabby... especially if a defensemen or two workout in our system like Hronek/Cholowski.

Or... Simply is Reinhart not that player you make this type of move/attempt for? Not good enough to dump players already here and not worth the money to be a player to build around?

What are other fans thoughts? Screw that and stick to the tank/rebuild? I mean adding Reinhart this year, with all the money coming off the next two years, makes things interesting for the Red Wings moving forward if he was on the team.

Reactions: turkleton85

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
You would want to give up next year's 1st round pick (good chance it's top 5) + more for Sam Reinhart? Yuck. Plus, he's been more of a winger than a center.

Well to be honest I don't know the rules... Would it have to be a 1st round pick? Cause... Obviously no, but I'd prolly give up a 2nd or multiple mid rounders even... but Like I said I don't know the rules on the pick going the other way..(based off money or negotiated I'm lost on how the pick is determined. )

Anything not giving up our 1st round pick which will likely be top 5 lottery like you pointed I'd be ok with, most teams hope they draft a player as good as him in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Adding Reinhart doesn't take this team out of the Jack Hughes sweepstakes I don't think.

Last edited:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Well to be honest I don't know the rules... Would it have to be a 1st round pick? Cause... Obviously no, but I'd prolly give up a 2nd or multiple mid rounders even... but Like I said I don't know the rules on the pick going the other way..(based off money or negotiated I'm lost on how the pick is determined. )

Anything not giving up our 1st round pick which will likely be top 5 lottery like you pointed I'd be ok with, most teams hope they draft a player as good as him in the 2nd/3rd rounds. Adding Reinhart doesn't take this team out of the Jack Hughes sweepstakes I don't think.

If you're signing him as a RFA to a deal averaging 6.088M/year - 8.118M/year (which it would take at the very least, otherwise Buffalo would easily match) the Wings would have to give up next year's 1st round, 2nd round, and 3rd round picks. So do you still want him? lol. I'm guessing no.

Anything 4.059M/year and up, you lose at least your 1st and 3rd round picks.

Reactions: Oddbob and Snuggs

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
Good player, but probably not worth the compensation required if he signs an offer sheet (which hasn't happened in 5 years).

$1,339,575 or lessNo compensation
$1,339,576 to $2,029,659Third-round pick
$2,029,660 to $4,059,322Second-round pick
$4,059,323 to $6,088,980First and third-round picks
$6,088,981 to $8,118,641First, second and third-round picks
$8,118,642 to $10,148,302Two firsts, a second and third-round picks
Over $10,148,302Four first-round picks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No way a player like Reinhart gets offersheeted, would never happen, also no players get offersheeted anymore. McDavid and maybe Matthews currently are the only ones who would get offersheeted, as even Draisaitl didn't get an offersheet. If they wanted Reinhart, they would trade for him, removing any need for a 1st and 3rd compensation price for him. Top 1-10 pick in '19 up for grabs, no way they give that up, unless they were getting a Karlsson, Doughty, McDavid type player back.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
If you wanted to offer sheet anyone, it would be Nylander, but knowing that the Wings pick is going to be so high it's still not worth parting with their first round pick.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I wouldn't mind adding Reinhart for the right price but offer sheeting him just doesn't make much sense.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
2019 st is more valuable than Reinhart. if you can maie the offer-sheet with losing a 1st, that would be the only way to go.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
2019 st is more valuable than Reinhart. if you can maie the offer-sheet with losing a 1st, that would be the only way to go.

Depends on where that first rounder was. Top 3, definitely worth more than Reinhart. But 6-10? Probably not more valuable.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I wouldn't mind adding Reinhart for the right price but offer sheeting him just doesn't make much sense.
Exactly trading for him makes the only sense. Would be nice to have a Right handed shot C that can score. We haven’t had that since Yzerman I think. (Not saying he’s Yzerman)

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
He would be one of our youngest players and scored more goals than anyone on Detroit last year. Not getting your lack of interest?

For what you'd have to give up for him, he's not very good? I'd rather keep the significant assets this would take and use them to either draft our own, cost controlled C or trade them for a top pairing or really good top 4D. Sam Reinhart is a good player. He's not good enough that I'm lining up to send out a bunch of assets for him.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
For what you'd have to give up for him, he's not very good? I'd rather keep the significant assets this would take and use them to either draft our own, cost controlled C or trade them for a top pairing or really good top 4D. Sam Reinhart is a good player. He's not good enough that I'm lining up to send out a bunch of assets for him.
First of all we don’t know his trade price and for the fact that he remains unsigned I don’t think he will be that hard to acquire. AA/Svechnikov +Nyquist would do it.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Offer-sheeting him is stupid. Just won't work.

I wouldn't mind if we get him in a reasonable hockey trade.

Yeah and honestly I didn't know the rules for compensation if someone gave him and offer, which is why I mentioned it and started the thread to begin with. After reading what posters said it'd cost... it's really not a realistic option for the Red Wings to offer sheet him, or many teams for that matter.

Working out a straight up trade seems to be the only way to get him if you wanted Reinhart and I'm personally not sure Buffalo is ready to deal. Like I said in the opening post, there isn't any rumors or anything I just saw a young player sitting there unsigned that could help the Red Wings, I just didn't understand the offer sheet rules/process honestly.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Offer-sheeting him is stupid. Just won't work.

I wouldn't mind if we get him in a reasonable hockey trade.
That’s what I was referring to. Some are pretending like he has no value in a trade which is absurd. He is 22 and scored 25 goals last year. More than anyone on Detroit...

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
First of all we don’t know his trade price and for the fact that he remains unsigned I don’t think he will be that hard to acquire. AA/Svechnikov +Nyquist would do it.

i'd rather keep AA and Svech and move Nyquist for picks, not that I think that deal would be good enough anyway.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Oh, would it? Why does Buffalo do that? Nyquist is a pending UFA and AA is kinda like Ryan O’Reilly in that he is potentially. locker room cancer that they just got rid of but a way ****tier hockey player. If they accept that, they’d just sign Reinhart to a 6M deal.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Oh, would it? Why does Buffalo do that? Nyquist is a pending UFA and AA is kinda like Ryan O’Reilly in that he is potentially. locker room cancer that they just got rid of but a way ****tier hockey player. If they accept that, they’d just sign Reinhart to a 6M deal.
AA isn’t a locker room cancer for one because if he was he would have been gone LAST YEAR. He just wanted to be compensated fairly for his talents/stats as he should.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad