Player Discussion Sam Reinhart: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I really don't think they do other than looking at a players trajectory and if that's the case.

So your explanation for Arvidsson’s contract is that 60 point 23 yr olds are only worth 4.25?

@sabrebuild explained it pretty succinctly.

Reinhart in 3 years hasnt really elevated his game a whole much offensively. It's almost like he came into the NHL already playing at his peak.

I couldn’t disagree more.

How much do past seasons really matter?

1 year of production vs 2-3 years of production matters a lot. Arvidsson’s contract vs proves that.

How many times has a player gone into a contract year and broke out and everyone on the board says man hes gonna get paid, even if he's been non existent up until that point and then they get paid.

Don’t confuse UFA and RFA

Reinharts trajectory hasnt really moved the needle to think he can be anything more 50-55 point player. I personally hope he can be a 65-70 point player but thats because I always hope for the best from our players and its probably not very likely he is that calibre of a player.

Other than the 40 most recent consecutive games that he played at a 70+ Point pace

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Apples and oranges I know because they're different positions, but what about giving him the same deal as Risto?

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
6 x 5.4? Sign me up. I can live with that. Buys out 2 UFA years. He's worth about 4.25-4.7 right now on a bridge so 6 x 5.4 is very fair. And Reinhart should realize he has put up good not great seasons so far so he should accept a fair good deal. The days of every high draft pick RFA automatically getting an 8 year deal should be done. I want to see something eye popping for me to give out another 8 year deal after giving Eichel one and Dahlin will get one in 3 years, Mitts in 2.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Watch the tolerance ...

Approve / Disapprove

What if Sam gets ...

6 x 5.2

6 x 5.5

6 x 5.8

6 x 6.0

6 x 6.25

8 x 6.0

8 x 6.5

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Curious ... And why does 300K more per year from 5.5 to 5.8 make that a deal breaker for you?

Because you have to draw a line in the sand at some point? I’m not the one managing the cap or paying the players, so at the end of the day I don’t really care all that much. 5.8 x 6 years just doesn’t sound great to me.

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
At some point will they give up and sign a one year contract hoping for the six to eight year extension next season? It would be interesting to know if they are slowly meeting in the middle or if one side dug in their heels and won't go much higher/lower. There are many variables with RFA vs UFA years when deciding on a long term contract for a player exiting their ELC. The lack of offer sheets hampers the RFA from declaring what his true value may be since there is only one team offering a contract. Sometimes the threat of arbitration encourages a team to up their offer however this isn't applicable for Sam since he declined to go that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad