Player Discussion Sam Reinhart - Is he the real deal?

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Can't believe people are still talking shit about Sam when he's 1 point behind Skinner despite playing with nobody for a lot longer.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
So...he's been our best player 2 nights in a row but then makes a dumb comment that will make headlines tomorrow...

*sigh*

jucebox

Feb 7, 2019
So...he's been our best player 2 nights in a row but then makes a dumb comment that will make headlines tomorrow...

*sigh*
honestly who cares? sometimes there is little to no signs of life on the roster, and tonight he was helping to rally a disinterested team. he's right to be pissed

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
My guess is Sam will have to address his team in private and apologize for that comment tonight. Although I do applaud him for having the stones to say it.

Reactions: jucebox

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
My guess is Sam will have to address his team in private and apologize for that comment tonight. Although I do applaud him for having the stones to say it.
Apologize to the team? You mean apologize to Linus Ullmark specifically and then calling a team meeting where he rips the rest of the team to shreds instead, right?

ValJames

Jun 9, 2015
NC
Please do not put words in others mouths. Not cool at least this side of the pond.

Apologize to the team? You mean apologize to Linus Ullmark specifically and then calling a team meeting where he rips the rest of the team to shreds instead, right?

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo
As he said in the video, he’s more of a composed type of guy. Again, surprising he did this. He must think Carter and Linus will respond well to it.

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
As he said in the video, he’s more of a composed type of guy. Again, surprising he did this. He must think Carter and Linus will respond well to it.
I bet the rest of the team will be more motivated by this than if he called them out directly. Players should go to war for their goalies.

jucebox

Feb 7, 2019
I bet the rest of the team will be more motivated by this than if he called them out directly. Players should go to war for their goalies.
Its a referendum on Housley's coaching style. You can tell he doesnt command any sort of admiration and respect when it comes to getting his team to play well for him, or play hard... It's the players on the actual team that are f***ing battling like Skinner, Erod, Reinhart, Dahlin that are trying to whip the team into playoff contenders

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Well, I guess they've both been abysmal.

His last good game was the Dallas loss, and before that he had a terrible string of games. Even though we beat Minnesota, I thought he played very sloppy. He’s come back down to earth recently. When you look at earlier in the year.

Same thing with Hutton though his streak of bad games is much longer.

Hell, they’ve been bad since the streak ended.

Reactions: oldgoalie

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
All the young dudes dont talk to the news ...
I'll try to rhino this post.

If they all dosed they might be faced with these things ..

Yes a rookie and a highly skilled vet with legs and arms shorter than most in the league have been solved and must adjust..

A higly skilled played coming into his own. used to play like little p***y ..who recently stopped being easily forced of the puck and has become, more defensively responsible ..said something very interesting to our vulture media and we will see if he has grown a pair and helped OR he set his career growth back a bit by being too self centered (winged)..

I could single out each player for being too cute , not responsible defensively....lazy to pucks in their own end..

They were all shown up repeatedly tonight and exposed at times ( and found wanting) by a team hustling and playing playoff hockey ..while our defense stands around peforming self prostate exams..forwards skating breakout before possession established... not fighting for pucks in their own end..
All are not playing a system that they were succesful with by being irresposible with turnovers then not hustling to make up for inevitable gaffs by kids who our easily bullied and pushed off pucks ..

..captain feeling the pressure and reading too much.. gripping his stick and not distributing to those who arent all fd in the head.. A coach who played like jane but teaches
tarzan but wonders why they wont listen to a call to arms..

When we are winning all this was there but our goalies werent solved by a league that begrudgingly watched film on a team they havent had to for years.

Im still intersted and will watch ..

This team might not be cracking under the pressure if the "fans" at home werent walking out at 5 to 3

Posters that these guys actually read should have more perpective on 9? kids in our lineup... dealing emotionally with their first playoff push against men and coaches exposing their weaknesses.. publically..

All the young dudes stay away from the news and eat some shrooms ..

Seriously.. growing pains are awkward and terrible for adults and armchair jocks that cant do to watch..Unfortunately I have to f***in wait for true detective to drip out and We all must wait game to game for our kids we tanked for to figure out this bipolar league and lighten up and circle their own wagons in a bleak winter. Too bad they cant go skiing.

One thing I dont have to wait for is the media crucifying reinhart (kids tired of losing) and stirring up trouble with a team that still hasnt learned self interest defend each other on the ice..not turn the other cheak..

Like TD series I must wait til next game to see what happens..(hope they don't implode) Sucker or not Ill be there..
I wont leave like trust fund entitled babies with no faith. that never face true adversity, that sucked the life out of that building in a stanley cup game in 99 with their indifference... We do reap what we sow..

GO SABRES.. I'm with you til April and beyond... Do it for each other whether phil botts or buffalo "elite "(piglets) .. help you. They all have good intent.. have fun and all of us that care are happy and surprised by your progress this year will be watching and rooting for you, Thanks for something to do last night and for relevant schizophrenic hockey..

Last edited:
Reactions: cybresabre

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
This team needed a well respected winning coach to come in, not a first timer who had rumors out at the end of last season where an ex assistant said he didnt know what he was doing.

We got rid of an experienced coach in Bylsma for an inexperienced coach in Housley when Bylsma who had a championship couldn't get the team to buy in.

Now we have a coach learning on the fly trying to rally a young in experienced team it's like the blind leading the blind.

Botterill ducked up the coaching hire, now we have a coach putting the blame on management and players pointing fingers.

Housley has caused a ducking circus and we are all along for the ride.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

K8fool

Sep 30, 2018
stomach of giant parasitic worm
This team needed a well respected winning coach to come in, not a first timer who had rumors out at the end of last season where an ex assistant said he didnt know what he was doing.

We got rid of an experienced coach in Bylsma for an inexperienced coach in Housley when Bylsma who had a championship couldn't get the team to buy in.

Now we have a coach learning on the fly trying to rally a young in experienced team it's like the blind leading the blind.

Botterill ducked up the coaching hire, now we have a coach putting the blame on management and players pointing fingers.

They tried to get that dishonorable red wing now in toronto.. We have wowie til til april ..He mentioned Jason like he needs a player or two.. He might be right.. This is a very young and inexperieced team doing emotional stuff.. My problem are the vets..that wowie has to play in order to attempt to not be bullied.. If the vets dont beat up people in ffont of the net their days are numbered..

Aladyyn

Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Literally a minute after dropping that quote Sam pointed out how they need to help the goalies out by focusing more on the defensive end. Have we just collectively decided to ignore that?

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

The ex assistant rumor is new to me. Where did this information come from?

Reactions: WeDislikeEich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->