Player Discussion Sam Reinhart - Is he the real deal?

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Eichel pulled the same stunt at BU and had ERod moved from center to wing. Jack does not like to share the spotlight. :laugh:
Why do you think Skinner slowed down near the end of the season. Eichel didn't want him to get paid more than 10 mil so he decided to score himself rather than setup Skinner.

Reactions: Eichittelharthlin

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013

To make it easier to see here is the full image. It doesn't appear to be labeled however I am assuming the top is relating to the team's offence and the bottom is defence.
EESTwbRX4AETj5M

Last edited:

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Kakko really would have been the perfect linemate for him if they ever put Sam at center. Kakko is going to be a monster around the net and the corners which is where Sam makes the small plays for his teammates that gives you images like that. Shame we couldn't win 1 more game.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Kakko really would have been the perfect linemate for him if they ever put Sam at center. Kakko is going to be a monster around the net and the corners which is where Sam makes the small plays for his teammates that gives you images like that. Shame we couldn't win 1 more game.

Or not win the last two games...

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

To make it easier to see here is the full image. It doesn't appear to be labeled however I am assuming the top is relating to the team's offence and the bottom is defence.
EESTwbRX4AETj5M

Look, all the blue around our net tells me is that opposing teams can't get tip ins when reinharts on the ice, which means they're scoring more REAL goals than tip ins, showing sam is bad defensively :sarcasm:

BlindSquirrel

Dec 4, 2019
Now here's a guy I would seriously consider entertaining offers on.

I mean, how hard was it to replace Jamie McGinn's production in front of the net? On that front, at least he goes in front of the net.

Nonetheless, arguably one of the more overrated players in Sabres history.

His name alone should be able to garner a decent haul from someone.

After all, isn't the whole idea of a trade to get back more than you give away?

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013

I mean, how hard was it to replace Jamie McGinn's production in front of the net? On that front, at least he goes in front of the net.

The idea is to find a win-win or exploit a bad GM. Sadly we have been the ones being exploited the last five years.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

Of all the comparables for Reinhart, McGinn isn't anywhere near the top of the list for me.

Reinhart is only overrated if you view the game from an old school eye test POV.

Botterill should be looking at any way to improve the team. I find it hard to believe that he will find a trade that will be able to make the team better in the short to medium term while moving Reinhart.

A Reinhart trade would be regrettable in about as much time as the ROR trade became regrettable.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
We shouldn't be shipping out any top 6 forwards right now.

This is just the annual "trade Sam " per moda as he goes through a month long quiet phase. I'm not even a huge Reino fan but moving Sam would be a terrible mistake. I know, I know, it's frustrating to watch right now.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019

Blindsquirrel, that is not a nut you're chewing on.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If it was an trade for an elite 2C, then I do not mind. Whoever did not play 2C after trading ROR, but not one of them even came close to ROR.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
So far this season it looks like he’s going to leave some money on the table. He’s going to get paid, but not as much as he might’ve been.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
We shouldn't be shipping out any top 6 forwards right now.

This is just the annual "trade Sam " per moda as he goes through a month long quiet phase. I'm not even a huge Reino fan but moving Sam would be a terrible mistake. I know, I know, it's frustrating to watch right now.

It's not even like he had a quiet month; in 14 games he had 9 points. That was after getting 11 points in 14 games in October.

I do think November was one of his worst months in terms of battling for the puck and making plays though.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
It's not even like he had a quiet month; in 14 games he had 9 points. That was after getting 11 points in 14 games in October.

I do think November was one of his worst months in terms of battling for the puck and making plays though.
I really think he needs to get off Jack's line. His first instinct is always to try to pass to Jack, which is, granted, usually a pretty safe play, but he needs to realize he can be a driver. Give him 10 games at center and see what happens.

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
I really think he needs to get off Jack's line. His first instinct is always to try to pass to Jack, which is, granted, usually a pretty safe play, but he needs to realize he can be a driver. Give him 10 games at center and see what happens.

What is "quotes from 2016"?

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
So far this season it looks like he’s going to leave some money on the table. He’s going to get paid, but not as much as he might’ve been.

Meh, it's December 6th. He's on a 59 point pace. Folks who expected him to improve again were probably thinking 75. One hot month and he's talking big money.

Unless they base their offer on this assumption that he's a passenger. But if they do that again, I'd push hard for an offersheet if I were him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Meh, it's December 6th. He's on a 59 point pace. Folks who expected him to improve again were probably thinking 75. One hot month and he's talking big money.

Unless they base their offer on this assumption that he's a passenger. But if they do that again, I'd push hard for an offersheet if I were him.

Or he can opt for arbitration the next two summers and walk to UFA ASAP...

mechaworm

Nov 5, 2019
Or he can opt for arbitration the next two summers and walk to UFA ASAP...

Might be. A lot of scenarios, situations, contingencies will be playing out this summer. But I've just had a feeling since the bridge deal was signed that this guy is very low on Buffalo's priority list and smart career management says go where you're the prize. He would be a prize to someone.

Just conjecture -- a lot depends on our cap situation -- e.g., whether Dahlin is on pace to be the highest paid Sabre. He IS technically eligible to extend this summer. So who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad