Prospect Info: The all-encompassing Sam Morin thread [began in 2017]

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
You don’t want to throw him into a situation he’s not ready for physically and/ or mentally, either.
Regardless of what the team wants or doesn’t want, morin is at shit or get off the pot territory. The team needs to know what they have with him. And honestly, a no pressure no expectations team is the time to do it. They have the cap space and variable roster spots to do it. He needs some quality minutes to see how he responds. It’s up the flyers brass to determine if his missteps are a function of working into shape and those of a rookie or if he isn’t part of the long term picture.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I've never played it. I was just messing. It's what all the kids are doing these days.

But you really don't know what Fortnite is?
I’ve got time for raising a son, drinking bourbon and craft beer, and keeping other shit in line hahaha.

Yes, I’m somewhat aware of it but can’t be bothered. It’s difficult enough to get some guys together to share a six pack and play anything on my Xbox. Let alone something that requires the investment fortnite does

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I have a very difficult time believing he’ll be ready to play as an NHL regular before the end of this season. Yet I’m anticipating a lot of fans blasting the team when they make him a “healthy” scratch.
To the reasonable person, it should not be about that. The rest of the season for Morin, should be to get him into some games. Not most. But some. Maybe have the goal of getting him into 10-12 games. We have 4 back to backs after this weekend, so that should be 4 games played, 4 NOT played. Ease him back in and just get him minutes. Let him gain his confidence back. Get his "game legs" back. And most importantly, COACH him on what he is doing right and wrong so he can take lessons with him into the next game.

To me, it's not about being better than anyone this year. Just let him play and start next year as the #6/#7 next year.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Thank you for posting. Love this line:

ht he looked real good, was a physical presence," Huffman noted, adding, "When he was out there, they weren't wanting to go to the net so much."

Also loved when he said "I am proud of me".

He is such a likeable, good kid. Despite what his relatives might say...lol.

He have an evil aura.

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
You don’t think there’ve been a lot of implications by posters that he’d be an upgrade to the top 6? I do.

Upgrade next season? Strong likelihood
Upgrade this season? Why is that even a question? Do you think they are making the playoffs? And if so, winning anything? As I posted yesterday, they have a better chance at winning the draft lottery now than meeting the Lightning for a 4-5 game thrashing.

Reactions: Curufinwe

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Looked like a guy that essentially hasn't played in 2 years. He seemed to be a little tentative with his skating and didn't quite have the burst he showed in the past. Conditioning I'm sure played a part in it as well.

Reactions: dingbathero

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Check back in a month, it takes time to get into game shape and get your timing back, and it's not like he's an experienced veteran where it's like "riding a bike." I just want to see him flash some potential in March.

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
He's got alot of lwg to move wirh that reconstructed knea. Give him a month or so of limited minutes and i think we'll begin to see what we have with big sammy.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Upgrade next season? Strong likelihood
Upgrade this season? Why is that even a question? Do you think they are making the playoffs? And if so, winning anything? As I posted yesterday, they have a better chance at winning the draft lottery now than meeting the Lightning for a 4-5 game thrashing.
Maybe you aren’t one of them. But plenty of posters have expressed the notion that Morin would upgrade the Flyers’ D *this* season. And I think that’s crazy.

wasup

Mar 21, 2018
Check back in a month, it takes time to get into game shape and get your timing back, and it's not like he's an experienced veteran where it's like "riding a bike." I just want to see him flash some potential in March.
Don't even look at him till next year . Now it will vary a bit with how the rehab has gone but if he has any tendonititis that will take a long time . My point being don,t judge to quickly cause this is a shitty injury to go thru .

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
To the reasonable person, it should not be about that. The rest of the season for Morin, should be to get him into some games. Not most. But some. Maybe have the goal of getting him into 10-12 games. We have 4 back to backs after this weekend, so that should be 4 games played, 4 NOT played. Ease him back in and just get him minutes. Let him gain his confidence back. Get his "game legs" back. And most importantly, COACH him on what he is doing right and wrong so he can take lessons with him into the next game.

To me, it's not about being better than anyone this year. Just let him play and start next year as the #6/#7 next year.

Except none of that will happen because it would require benching MacDonald or Hagg..or *GASP* ...BOTH.. if we also want to see Myers in there.

MacDonald and Hagg ruin everything, every day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad