Prospect Info: The all-encompassing Sam Morin thread [began in 2017]

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Given how rusty he must be, I'd expect him to practice with the team for a week or two before he gets into the lineup, unless some D-men are shipped out today.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Given how rusty he must be, I'd expect him to practice with the team for a week or two before he gets into the lineup, unless some D-men are shipped out today.
Yeah, I doubt he’ll play for a while.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
So apparently he is healthy but so far this season a healthy scratch?

:dunno:

He is healthy today. What is management waiting for now?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Flyers currently have 7 D-men, so nothing will happen until they deem Myers to be NHL ready or they feel Friedman is wasting his time in the AHL (note that Jensen spent 3 years in the AHL, started in the NHL at 26 and is now in the top four for the Caps at 29).

Myers turns 23 in January, and Friedman 24 in December.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Now this is where people get ridiculous, hoping that Morin proves he is the better choice.

Why not hope that Hagg is as good as he looks so far AND that Morin can still push him for the #6 D-man spot.

That is, instead of rooting for a player to fail, root for both players to succeed?

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
If he’s given a chance (not just 1 game) I can’t see how he’s not going to be an upgrade to Hagg.

How much is the only question. Even marginally would be welcome.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If he’s given a chance (not just 1 game) I can’t see how he’s not going to be an upgrade to Hagg.

How much is the only question. Even marginally would be welcome.

What I hope is that he's given a LEGIT chance. Give him 3 games with the same ice time Hagg has been given and I think it's enough to show he's the better choice.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Hagg will eventually have a really bad game in a loss. Probably within the next week or two if we are being realistic. Hopefully Morin gets in the lineup at that point and proves to the coaching staff he is the better choice.

I mean, Hagg has pretty much already proven statistically that anyone would be a better choice. If we couldn't get a deal worked out with Winnipeg when they were dressing their AHL d core(and yet somehow beat the pens), I'm out of faith that Hagg is on his way out anytime soon.

Just gotta hope that over a larger sample, Hagg continues to look mediocre at best. The problem with this theory is that Ghost had a history of making lesser players look exceptionally better than they really are.

Reactions: Outlaw Samurai

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Now this is where people get ridiculous, hoping that Morin proves he is the better choice.

Why not hope that Hagg is as good as he looks so far AND that Morin can still push him for the #6 D-man spot.

That is, instead of rooting for a player to fail, root for both players to succeed?

It's called being realistic. "Good" for Hagg is still pretty damned low quality. He's been getting worked on defense routinely. He still doesn't do anything at all to limit the other team.

NYCFlyer

Nov 23, 2002
NYC
An injury to the top 6, or perhaps a loss.

What I hope is that he's given a LEGIT chance. Give him 3 games with the same ice time Hagg has been given and I think it's enough to show he's the better choice.
Morin is going to have to wait until the team has a bad outing or Hagg has several gaffes more egregious than the usual pass to nowhere or my personal favorite being completely unaware he is screening his own goalie. To be fair, the games that I watched Morin play, he was was no world beater and will need time. The new coaching staff I thought would rather Myers in that slot than Morin or Hagg which I think will happen before xmas.

WIP CALLER

Aug 18, 2016

Hagg has looked good so far?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad