Prospect Info: The all-encompassing Sam Morin thread [began in 2017]

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
Oh, you didn’t mean you think they’re LITERALLY fecal matter? Geez, thanks for clearing that up.I was confused on that one.

I thought you were being completely literal in that description but now I understand you just mean they suck.

Funny how words work, huh?

The funniest part is I said worse about them today alone. Lol

Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
ill give you a short opinion, with simple words. But it will take three paragraphs. In the direction the Nhl is going, speed, quick plays and skills win games, most times. Over phisicality. So you need intelligent and skilled players to compete.

Your defense sucks and lack experience. Appart from Provorov, Ghost on a second pair wıth less defensive responsability than the first duo ( like Petry do in Mtl) Sanheim will complete the top 4. As he get more experience. The other defensmen are third pairing or at best 7. So thinking that adding inexperienced/ less skilled and slower players to this group will help/ I think you are live in a fairy tale/ As much as you think that im an Angry Elf. :laugh: They are slow and they lack skills. maybe Myers but he need more experience like Sanheim to show is value. Your need right now is a top 2 defensman a veteran who know the game. Your group of forwards are descent but as Giroux, Voracek and Jvr get older, they have slowed down very much. I dont think they should be considered part of the future. İn my opinion. Your best bet is holding to your young defensive core as they will grow together and try to rebuild the offense as Montreal did this year. And you can see the recent succes ın Chıcago wıth Debrıncat, Strome. İ think you have a good core of young forwards coming to Support Couturier, Koneckny, Lındblom and Patrick. But your next moves would defenıtly be ın Forwards draftıngs. And hıgh choıces. So a lıttle bıt more of patience.

Carter Hart will defenitly help you with defense as he improve from season to season and your defensmen will be better because of him. As you have seen ın the past 14 games. He clearly are the best goalie you had in years ın term of talent, appart from Elliot from some games. He remind me so much of Price because of his calm and is technique. He will make the same impact. You can clearly see that he have top end competitivness too. Cohesion ın hockey start from Defense and transpose ın offense. Its long rush of energies that are flowıng down and up. And that whats your team are not good at. In cohesion.

Last edited:
Reactions: fat
Oct 26, 2018
somewhere
www.facebook.com
Maybe you can tell me what this team need more than what i said? im very open to discution and elavating the discours

Or maybe its a comon feature here to just ridiculating what the others are saying\ whatever they are saying\ and stop the debate after it?

Last edited:

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Maybe you can tell me what this team need more than what i said? im very open to discution and elavating the discours

Or maybe its a comon feature here to just ridiculating what the others are saying\ whatever they are saying\ and stop the debate after it?
Well the problem is that our vets on d are not good enough to shoulder the weight while we break in the kids. None of our young d are slow players. Morin May be the least skilled of our group and beside hagg and he is still an improvement over players on the team. The biggest issue was there was no plan to bring the kids along on d and ease them into the lineup. The gm was too scared to have rookies or too many rookies.

So now we are in a spot with no good leadership on the backend that can help with the heavy lifting. We need to improve three d. Hagg, Macdonald, and gudas. And really only grads cause he isn’t good enough to be that top pair veteran presence.

I don’t quite understand what your point was in the Morin thread. As he isn’t the problem. He should have been up at the end of the season two years ago when we missed the playoffs gaining experience.

Reactions: Math the wild rose

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Hr would have excelled I'm berube hockey. No wonder he wanted to call him up in '14. Defense that year was such a ****show. But then again we had a clown for a gm who wouldn't stand for young player getting a chance.
It’s amazing that berube was pleading with hextall to keep him up that year. As our d was so bad and he was already better than some. And here we are how many years later and still really hasn’t played.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
ill give you a short opinion, with simple words. But it will take three paragraphs. In the direction the Nhl is going, speed, quick plays and skills win games, most times. Over phisicality. So you need intelligent and skilled players to compete.

Your defense sucks and lack experience. Appart from Provorov, Ghost on a second pair wıth less defensive responsability than the first duo ( like Petry do in Mtl) Sanheim will complete the top 4. As he get more experience. The other defensmen are third pairing or at best 7. So thinking that adding inexperienced/ less skilled and slower players to this group will help/ I think you are live in a fairy tale/ As much as you think that im an Angry Elf. :laugh: They are slow and they lack skills. maybe Myers but he need more experience like Sanheim to show is value. Your need right now is a top 2 defensman a veteran who know the game. Your group of forwards are descent but as Giroux, Voracek and Jvr get older, they have slowed down very much. I dont think they should be considered part of the future. İn my opinion. Your best bet is holding to your young defensive core as they will grow together and try to rebuild the offense as Montreal did this year. And you can see the recent succes ın Chıcago wıth Debrıncat, Strome. İ think you have a good core of young forwards coming to Support Couturier, Koneckny, Lındblom and Patrick. But your next moves would defenıtly be ın Forwards draftıngs. And hıgh choıces. So a lıttle bıt more of patience.

Carter Hart will defenitly help you with defense as he improve from season to season and your defensmen will be better because of him. As you have seen ın the past 14 games. He clearly are the best goalie you had in years ın term of talent, appart from Elliot from some games. He remind me so much of Price because of his calm and is technique. He will make the same impact. You can clearly see that he have top end competitivness too. Cohesion ın hockey start from Defense and transpose ın offense. Its long rush of energies that are flowıng down and up. And that whats your team are not good at. In cohesion.

Great. So they just go the #2 dman aisle at the store and pick one up? Pretty sure every team looks for an experienced #2 dman that’s why they are hard to find. That’s why people have such a hard on about Trouba possibly being available. And he may not be any better than Provy.
Hopefully, sanheim and Myers become that #2 or you find players that compliment each other, fit your scheme and fill roles.
Morin isn’t Nick Grossmann. Doesn’t mean he’ll be a success but he isn’t unskilled and unathletic.

Reactions: Adtar02

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
It’s amazing that berube was pleading with hextall to keep him up that year. As our d was so bad and he was already better than some. And here we are how many years later and still really hasn’t played.
It was still a different league back then, there were enforcers, pylons and whole host of big clumsy fools holding on for dear life. Douglas Murray was getting playoff ice time lol.
Morin was just unfortunate that he was developed into a bruiser and when he got to the big leagues it all became about puck movement and transition.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
It was still a different league back then, there were enforcers, pylons and whole host of big clumsy fools holding on for dear life. Douglas Murray was getting playoff ice time lol.
Morin was just unfortunate that he was developed into a bruiser and when he got to the big leagues it all became about puck movement and transition.
I still think he will be a good player. His skills are pretty good. And he seems to have the smarts to learn from mistakes that will happen. It really doesn’t help that our kids were being coached so poorly. Heck. The comments about manning in Chicago having to be coached out of bad habits/play style. Are a clear indication of what our systems problems were. We had a bad ahl coach teaching them and then a bad nhl coach. With the way the prospects were piling up. Ahl coaching should have been address and the nhl coaching staff was a joke.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
I still think he will be a good player. His skills are pretty good. And he seems to have the smarts to learn from mistakes that will happen. It really doesn’t help that our kids were being coached so poorly. Heck. The comments about manning in Chicago having to be coached out of bad habits/play style. Are a clear indication of what our systems problems were. We had a bad ahl coach teaching them and then a bad nhl coach. With the way the prospects were piling up. Ahl coaching should have been address and the nhl coaching staff was a joke.
Yep, ever since lavi got canned our coaching has been up there with edmonton and buffaslugs for worst of the league. Meanwhile Tampa keeps pumping no name prospects out of Syracuse like it's nobody's business.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Great. So they just go the #2 dman aisle at the store and pick one up? Pretty sure every team looks for an experienced #2 dman that’s why they are hard to find. That’s why people have such a hard on about Trouba possibly being available. And he may not be any better than Provy.
Hopefully, sanheim and Myers become that #2 or you find players that compliment each other, fit your scheme and fill roles.
Morin isn’t Nick Grossmann. Doesn’t mean he’ll be a success but he isn’t unskilled and unathletic.
I really didn’t get it either. Morin is a physical presence that has skills and mobility for the modern nhl.

Heck Myers is a smaller more skilled and athletic version of this. Sanhiem is a way more skilled and was less physical version.

Our kids look good we just never had that player who could be the calming presence to ease them in. We had bad players who make the same mistakes with no upside like the kids. And they played them instead of the kids.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Yep, ever since lavi got canned our coaching has been up there with edmonton and buffaslugs for worst of the league. Meanwhile Tampa keeps pumping no name prospects out of Syracuse like it's nobody's business.

That’s the benefit of having a guy like Hedman, Chara, or even Doughty. Everyone just falls in to place when you have a legit 1.

Kinda like every forward Pitt calls up looks great. That happens when you have Cosby and Malkin.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
That’s the benefit of having a guy like Hedman, Chara, or even Doughty. Everyone just falls in to place when you have a legit 1.

Kinda like every forward Pitt calls up looks great. That happens when you have Cosby and Malkin.
Wait what? Ducks have Getzlaf, Lindholm and Gibson yet they are poop. How do you explain that?

Reactions: Curufinwe

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Wait what? Ducks have Getzlaf, Lindholm and Gibson yet they are poop. How do you explain that?

Not sure I am following.
I am saying a d corp is easier to fill out when you start with guys like Hedman or chara.
TB can call guys up and they have more likelihood of succeeding because they are surrounded by Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, coburn, etc.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ducks had 5 seasons of 100+ points, that ain't "poop." Lost CF twice.
Gezlaf is 33, Kesler is 34, Kase got injured, and they lack quality depth.
This is a team that should bite the bullet, sell, and do a quick (2 year) reload instead of trying to sneak into the playoffs.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Not sure I am following.
I am saying a d corp is easier to fill out when you start with guys like Hedman or chara.
TB can call guys up and they have more likelihood of succeeding because they are surrounded by Hedman, McDonagh, Sergachev, coburn, etc.
Funny thing is we traded coburn away. To keep Macdonald as our vet.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Not sure I am following.
You had crosby and Malkin in there so I thought you meant like a legit franchise player regardless of position, my bad. But I get your point. After all no one was creaming their pants thinking of hedman until he got to play with stralman. Such a shame we've thrown amac at every single one of our young guys though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad