Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
DecisiveIckyGlobefish-small.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Yeah, this was expected. I was assuming $800k, but $750k is pretty good. Perfectly reasonable extension that lines up with guys like Blueger and Rust.

JRS91

Jul 4, 2010
Solid player.

My guess is he'll be a 13th forward or at least he'll battle for a spot until Aston-Reese is healthy.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Cool. 4th line plus about 2 extras sorted now for close to or league minimum. Just need that 3C.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He needs to make smarter decisions with and without the puck in order for that to happen.

Yeah, if anything he needs to earn a spot because last year he kept one due to injuries while he floundered. He needed to go spend some time in WBS after he slowed down but it didn’t really happen. I think he can take the next step, though.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Yeah, if anything he needs to earn a spot because last year he kept one due to injuries while he floundered. He needed to go spend some time in WBS after he slowed down but it didn’t really happen. I think he can take the next step, though.

He's definitely got NHL level tools, just has to put it all together.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
One of the things that bothered me the most was the lack of Lafferty in the playoffs and then when he was in the line-up, they f***ing USED HIM AS A GOD DAMNED CENTER.

I hope he builds on the showing he had in the practices and tune-up scrimmages before the pathetic showing by the team in the play-in. He was flying, absolute monster on the ice in all situations and showing a side of him we didn’t know he had.

Reactions: DRAGO 18

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
So we are sitting here with:

Guentzel Crosby Kapenen
Zucker Malkin Rust
McCann Blueger Tanev
ZAR Lafferty Sceviour

Dumoulin Letang
Pettersson Marino
Matheson Riikola
Ruhwedel

Jarry
Desmith

3.22M in dead cap
3.97 in available cap space.

ZAR is likely not ready to start the season, but Poulin, Legare, Angello, someone like that will fill in at least initially.

Figure we leave 1M in reserve, that leaves you 3M to add one or two bottom 6 forwards tomorrow. Personally, I'd be shopping a 2.5M-3M 1 year contract to the best 3C I could find. Haula, Wennberg, Koivu, Soderberg, Eakin, Cousins, Turris. One of those guys should be attainable.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
He came out like gangbusters last year
Cooled off mega bad

Then wasn't really set up for success rest of the year

Reactions: PensandCaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad