Confirmed with Link: Sam Lafferty Re-Signs 2 Years 750K AAV

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
tenor.gif

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Very nice. Leaves around 4m to work with.
No, not four million. JR will want to leave a little cap space. I'd say we can safely afford between 3.0 to 3.25 million. Hopefully we don't even need that much but if so, we'll be ok.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
No, not four million. JR will want to leave a little cap space. I'd say we can safely afford between 3.0 to 3.25 million. Hopefully we don't even need that much but if so, we'll be ok.

They could probably move ZARs 1m if they need to use that whole 4m. I think Yohe had mentioned that ZAR could be moved.

Reactions: Rust17

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They could probably move ZARs 1m if they need to use that whole 4m. I think Yohe had mentioned that ZAR could be moved.
I'd love to move ZAR. I'm not sure however what appeal he'd have for another team.

My hope is we deal McCann, and find a better fit.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
This offseason is kinda going... well?

Don’t you dare say that until we’re clear of early free agency JR.

It’s kind of going... we’ll see? Matheson could be a bad move and has to be the biggest wait and see, JJ being bought out was phenomenal, I like this contract, the Murray return was solid, Kapanen could be an over pay, not qualifying Simon makes sense, McCann could piss everyone off.

I think we’re in year two of JR having some kind of speed based plan, though. We’re out of the size and grit phase.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
We could get one of Haula, Cousins, Hinostroza or Fast and still have a little left over. I'd be happy with any of the four. Ideally I'd prefer a center but....

Reactions: DesertPenguin

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Yeah but we're used to "standard contract ++"

Not for players with his playing history. Or at least, we shouldn't be, as it hasn't happened. Guys with only half a season of playing time or so get 1 or 2 x min wage. I can't think of a single deviation from this rule.

Tbh, I think his RFA signings in general had been pretty solid, barring maybe his tendency to go a little large on second pairing dmen (but then, dmen get paid). But this type of RFA is just routine.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I want to hope that he will turn into an NHL player, but so far every opportunity he had to show up when needed he blew...so my bar is pretty low, he can only go up

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
I think he's already an NHL player. He just needs a permanent spot in the lineup to play through his growing pains and develop at the NHL level.

I don't think he'll be anything more than a 4th liner, but that's fine. He seems like a cheaper, younger Tanev. Speed, tenacity, and energy with not much else.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Not for players with his playing history. Or at least, we shouldn't be, as it hasn't happened. Guys with only half a season of playing time or so get 1 or 2 x min wage. I can't think of a single deviation from this rule.

Tbh, I think his RFA signings in general had been pretty solid, barring maybe his tendency to go a little large on second pairing dmen (but then, dmen get paid). But this type of RFA is just routine.

JR’s big contract problem is free agents he has to have and it’s the same thing as trading for players he has to have. He’s sane if he already has the player in his possesssion.

Reactions: Peat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad