Sam Girard

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
:laugh:

Jost isn't even in the Top 5 on this team.

Mackinnon, Girard, Rantanen, Barrie, Kerfoot. They've all shown significantly more with the puck on the stick then what Jost has to this point.
Jost does have good hands , problem is he never has the puck on his stick.

Reactions: klozge

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Wilson’s play has been great, but his finishing ability is still not at an acceptable rate. If he had a legit top six abilities, he’s be at more than 3 goals with how well girard and his lines have set him up. He’s only really beat his goalie once, and thats off a weird bounce right in front of the net.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Wilson’s play has been great, but his finishing ability is still not at an acceptable rate. If he had a legit top six abilities, he’s be at more than 3 goals with how well girard and his lines have set him up. He’s only really beat his goalie once, and thats off a weird bounce right in front of the net.

Yep, he's definitely a 3rd liner, it's just a shame the team just never seems to be in a position to put him there. Either a player higher up in the lineup (Ghetto) is hurt, or he is.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Yep, he's definitely a 3rd liner, it's just a shame the team just never seems to be in a position to put him there. Either a player higher up in the lineup (Ghetto) is hurt, or he is.

Ghetto is too small there unfortunately, so Wilson should still be there. I just cant wait till we develop Kaut, AJ or sign a big UFA goal scorer.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Ghetto is too small there unfortunately, so Wilson should still be there. I just cant wait till we develop Kaut, AJ or sign a big UFA goal scorer.

Ghetto should be the 2nd line winger for now, he might be small but he's effective. We just need to see if that line will work.

Frankly I'd like to see Ghetto and Compher put back together if for no other reason they combined for that awesome GWG against the Preds in the postseason.

Reactions: AvHooligan

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Ghetto should be the 2nd line winger for now, he might be small but he's effective. We just need to see if that line will work.

Frankly I'd like to see Ghetto and Compher put back together if for no other reason they combined for that awesome GWG against the Preds in the postseason.

I'd really like to see him with Soda and someone else physical. Ghetto is a shoot first player and uses his speed on the forecheck. I also dont think hes as bad defensively as some people label him either.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Sam has given the puck up a few times in the last couple of games, but I'm fine with it. He's going to have some hiccups here and there, but I wouldn't ask him to change a thing. For every giveaway he makes, there are 2-3 amazing plays that follow. There are maybe 5 defensemen in the league right now that have as much confidence as Girard rushing the puck. He's awesome.

Kid is going to be a stud.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Not sure if Sammy's rather quiet stretch of late has been the result of forecheckers keying in on him a little more often or EJ screwing things up. EJ played a very quiet, reliable game to start out the year while G wheeled and deal'd, but lately I feel like EJ has wanted the puck more and is jumping into the play waaaaay more, and frankly he's making terrible decisions with it. He's turning the puck over way too much and it's leading to scoring chances for the oppositions and messes for Girard to clean up. Really don't know what's going on but someone needs to sit him down or something.

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
I think this is just who Girard is right now despite starting the season on fire. He's still very young and needs to learn when to pick his spots.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Not surprising that Girard had a good game against a fast Lightning team that isn't overly physical.

Girard seems to struggle with the heavy, physical forechecks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad